Watervliet Arsenal, Building No. 129, Worth Road near Baker Road, Watervliet, Albany County, NY
See 40 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
Worth Road near Baker Road, Watervliet, NY
Find maps of Watervliet, NY
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER NY-1-E
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-2).
Building/structure dates: 1849 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1918 subsequent work
National Register Number: 66000503
Significance: The building is a highly intact example of early ammunition magazine design and contributes to an understanding of the arsenal's early manufacturing and storage activities. It was modeled after the "East Magazine," the arsenal's oldest standing structure.
Magazines (military Buildings)
Baker, Maj. Rufus L.
Mordecai, Maj. Alfred
Ryan, Robert A., Photographer
Ceronie, J., Photographer
Dennett, Muessig, Ryan & Associates, Ltd, Photographer
Hightower, Barbara E., Historian
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. S & E ELEVATIONS; LOOKING NW. (Ceronie)
2. N & W ELEVATIONS; LOOKING SSE. (Ceronie)
3. DETAIL VIEW OF ENTRY DOOR & LOADING DOCK, E ELEVATION. (Ceronie)
4. DETAIL VIEW OF DOORWAY, SHOWING THE THICKNESS OF THE WALL CONSTRUCTION; LOOKING NW. (Ryan)
5. OVERALL VIEW OF THE MAGAZINE INTERIOR; LOOKING SW. (Ceronie)
6. Photograph of a photograph in possession of the Watervliet Arsenal Museum, New York. SOUTH AND WEST ELEVATION OF THE MAGAZINE IN ITS ORIGINAL ISOLATED POSITION NEAR THE ARSENAL'S WESTERN BOUNDARY. DATED MAY 5, 1875.
Back to Watervliet, New York