Watervliet Arsenal, Building No. 12, Farley Drive, Southeast of Bricker Lane, Watervliet, Albany County, NY
Photo Caption Pages
Southeast of Bricker Lane, Watervliet, NY
Find maps of Watervliet, NY
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS NY-5521-H
Building/structure dates: 1903 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1968 subsequent work
National Register Number: 66000503
Significance: The building is an intact example of early 20th century greenhouse construction. It is a vestige of the time when the Army ornamented its installations with formal gardens and is probably one of the few remaining Army-owned greenhouse structures.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. W & S ELEVATIONS; LOOKING ENE. (Ceronie)
2. DETAIL VIEW OF S ELEVATION OF CENTRAL BAY, SHOWING PRINCIPAL ENTRANCE FROM QUARTERS 1; LOOKING N. (Ryan)
3. INTERIOR VIEW OF CENTRAL BAY, SHOWING PLANTING TABLES & W WING; LOOKING W. (Ryan)
4. INTERIOR VIEW OF W WING, SHOWING PLANTING TABLES, STEAM HEAT PIPES, AND WINDOW VENTILATOR CONTROLS; LOOKING ENE. (Ryan)
5. DETAIL VIEW OF WINDOW VENTILATOR CONTROL SYSTEM, N SIDE OF CENTRAL BAY; LOOKING WMW. (Ryan)
6. Photograph of a photograph in possession of the Watervliet Arsenal Museum, New York. WEST AND SOUTH ELEVATIONS OF GREENHOUSE. TAKEN APRIL 1, 1942.
7. Photograph of line drawing in possession of the Engineering Division of the Directorate of Engineering and Housing, Watervliet Arsenal, New York. SECTION AND PLAN FOR COL. J. L. FARLEY, HITCHINGS & CO., NEW YORK. JUNE 19, 1902.
Back to Watervliet, New York