Delaware, Lackawanna & Western Railroad, Vestal Passenger & Freight Station, North Main Street, Vestal, Broome County, NY
See 33 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
North Main Street, Vestal, NY
Find maps of Vestal, NY
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER NY-50
Building/structure dates: 1881 initial construction
Significance: The station at Vestal is typical of the 19th century "combination" station (one that handled both passengers and freight separately under the same roof). This station is similar to another D, L & W railroad station in Atlanta, New York (NY-58), suggesting that the railroad company used "stock" plans for the small stations along its route.
Delaware,Lackawanna & Western Railroad
Boucher, Jack, Photographer
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. GENERAL VIEW OF STATION FROM NORTHWEST (DRIVEWAY SIDE).
2. GENERAL VIEW OF STATION FROM SOUTHWEST (TRACK SIDE).
3. VIEW OF WEST ELEVATION.
4. DETAIL OF CORNICE AND ORNAMENTATION.
5. DETAIL OF BRACKET, NORTHWEST CORNER,
6. INTERIOR VIEW OF TICKET WINDOW.
Back to Vestal, New York