Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

New York

>

Seneca%252BFalls

>

Wesleyan Chapel, 126 Fall Street (State Route 5 & 20), Seneca Falls, Seneca County, NY



Data Pages


Drawings


Item Title


Location
126 Fall Street (State Route 5 & 20), Seneca%252BFalls, NY

Find maps of Seneca%252BFalls, NY


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS NY-6304
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-416).
Building/structure dates: 1843 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1872 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1890 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1948 subsequent work
Significance: Built by the Wesleyan Methodists in 1843, the Wesleyan Chapel has undergone a number of renovations including the raising of the roof (ca.1872) several additions (ca. 1872, 1890, 1948) and the resulting removal of original walls. The Chapel is most important historically as the site of the first Women's Rights Convention, held on July 19-20, 1848. The gathering was convened to advance the rights of women and represents the beginnings of the movement for women's equality in the U.S...

Related Names
Wesleyan Methodist


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents


Back to Seneca%252BFalls, New York