Palatine Bridge vicinity>
Ehle House, Old Kings Highway, Palatine Bridge, Montgomery County, NY
Old Kings Highway Vicinity, Palatine Bridge vicinity, NY
Find maps of Palatine Bridge, NY
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS NY-3104
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-206).
Building/structure dates: 1727 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1752 subsequent work
Significance: Built in 1727 and 1752, it was the house of Dominic Johannes Jacobus Ehle, a missionary to the Indians in the Mohawk Valley. Built of flat field stone with fine details this simple structure survived the French and Indian and Revolutionary Wars.
Ehle, Dominic Johannes Jacobus.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. Historic American Buildings Survey, Thos. T. Waterman, Photographer, GENERAL VIEW.
2. Historic American Buildings Survey, Prepared at Washington Office, END VIEW.
3. Historic American Buildings Survey, Thos. T. Waterman, Landscape.
4. Historic American Buildings Survey, Thos. T. Waterman, Photographer, SET OF STAIRS.
5. Historic American Buildings Survey, 'Copy of Old Photo', DETAIL OF HOODED FIREPLACE.
6. Historic American Buildings Survey, Unknown Photographer 1936, VIEW FROM SOUTHEAST.
Back to Palatine Bridge vicinity, New York