Old Croton Aqueduct, Indian Creek Culvert, Reservoir & Quaker Bridge Roads, Crotonville, Ossining, Westchester County, NY
Photo Caption Pages
Crotonville, Ossining vicinity, NY
Find maps of Ossining, NY
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER NY-108
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-18).
Building/structure dates: 1837 initial construction
National Register Number: 74001324
Significance: The Old Croton Aqueduct is an outstanding example of 19th century civil engineering and was New York City's first municipal water project. The culvert at Indian Creek is just one of several standard culvert designs used along the 41 mile route of the aqueduct.
Jervis, John B.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. Photocopied December, 1977, from loose original engineering drawing, Jervis Library. SECTIONS OF INDIAN BROOK CLUVERT
2. AERIAL VIEW LOOKING NORTH, SHOWING INDIAN CREEK CULVERT.
3. AERIAL VIEW SHOWING INDIAN CREEK CULVERT.
4. GENERAL VIEW SHOWING INDIAN CREEK (FOREGROUND) AND CULVERT. AQUEDUCT PASSES ABOVE CULVERT.
5. GENERAL VIEW SHOWING CULVERT. BUTTRESSING ON LEFT AND RIGHT WAS ADDED AT A LATER DATE.
Back to Ossining vicinity, New York