Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

New York

>

New%25252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252BYork

>

South Street Seaport Museum, Harriet Onderdonk Building, 116-119 South Street, New York, New York County, NY



See 73 maps of this location


B&W Photos

HB899718
General View

HB899719
Detail Of Entrance Area (left)

HB899720
Detail Of Corner Entrance


Data Pages


Photo Caption Pages


Item Title


Location
116-119 South Street, New%25252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252BYork, NY

Find maps of New%25252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252BYork, NY


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS NY-5681
Significance: Presently known as Meyer's Hotel, this double brick building was designed by the prominent New York architect John B. Snook in 1873 for Mrs. Harriet S. Onderdonk and Mrs. H.L. Mann. Ten years later Mrs. Onderdonk sold the stores to Henry L. Meyer, liquor merchant who probably installed the Victorian carved bar that stands in the Paris Bar today. In 1903, Meyer converted the buildings' upper stories into small hotel rooms, now inhabited by retired fishmongers.

Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents
Photograph caption(s): 
1. GENERAL VIEW
2. DETAIL OF ENTRANCE AREA (left)
3. DETAIL OF CORNER ENTRANCE


Back to New%25252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252BYork, New York