Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

New York

>

Lewiston

>

Barton Hill, Center & River Streets, Lewiston, Niagara County, NY



See 26 maps of this location


B&W Photos

HB901883
General View Of South Front And East Side

HB901884
General View Of West Side And South Front

HB901885
Detail Of South Entrance, Showing Ornately Carved Typanum In Pediment

HB901886
General View Of West Side And South Front

HB901887
General View Of North Rear And East Sides

HB901888
North Rear And East Side With Porch


Data Pages


Photo Caption Pages


Item Title


Location
Center & River Streets, Lewiston, NY

Find maps of Lewiston, NY


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS NY-6084
Significance: Present house replaces house built in 1807 and burned on December 19, 1813 by the British during the War of 1812. Owner, Major Benjamin Barton, was patron of Lewiston and a partner in Porter-Barton Portage Company.

Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents
Photograph caption(s): 
1. GENERAL VIEW OF SOUTH FRONT AND EAST SIDE
2. GENERAL VIEW OF WEST SIDE AND SOUTH FRONT
3. DETAIL OF SOUTH ENTRANCE, SHOWING ORNATELY CARVED TYPANUM IN PEDIMENT
4. GENERAL VIEW OF WEST SIDE AND SOUTH FRONT
5. GENERAL VIEW OF NORTH REAR AND EAST SIDES
6. NORTH REAR AND EAST SIDE WITH PORCH


Back to Lewiston, New York