Second Reformed Dutch Church, 209 Fair Street, Kingston, Ulster County, NY
See 26 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
209 Fair Street, Kingston, NY
Find maps of Kingston, NY
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS NY-5569
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-257).
Building/structure dates: 1850 initial construction
Significance: This is a fine example of a mid 19th century Gothic Revival church built prior to the more typical exuberant Victorian Gothic features.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. Jack Boucher, Photographer August 1973 EAST (FRONT) ELEVATION
2. Jack Boucher, Photographer August 1973 SOUTHEAST ELEVATION
3. Jack Boucher Photographer August 1973 SOUTH ELEVATION WITH LANCET WINDOWS
4. Jack Boucher, Photographer August 1973 DATE INSCRIPTION ON TOWER, FRONT ELEVATION
5. Jack Boucher, Photographer August 1973 LANCET WINDOW ON TOWER, FRONT ELEVATION
6. Photocopy of architectural rendering off front facade, circa 1849. Original rendering at Fair Street Reformed Dutch Church, Kingston, New York.
7. Photocopy of architectural rendering of side elevation, circa 1849. Original rendering at Fair Street Reformed Dutch Church, Kingston, New York.
8. Photocopy of apse decorated for Church's first Easter Sunday, circa 1853.
9. Photocopy of new organ in the apse, installed 1888. It was taken from between 1888 and 1925.
10. Photocopy of reredos which stood from 1925 to 1946. It was taken in 1945.
Back to Kingston, New York