Kingston Bank, 27 Main Street, Kingston, Ulster County, NY
See 27 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
27 Main Street, Kingston, NY
Find maps of Kingston, NY
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS NY-5571
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-255).
Building/structure dates: 1839 initial construction
Significance: A fine Greek Revival bank, which has been used continuously for that purpose since 1839, was combined with a residence in the same building thus illustrating an example of early 19th century small town commercial practices.
Smith, Joseph S.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. Jack Boucher, Photographer August 1973 SOUTH (FRONT) ELEVATION
2. Jack Boucher, Photographer August 1973 SOUTHWEST ELEVATION
3. Jack Boucher, Photographer August 1973 EAST ELEVATION
4. Jack Boucher, Photographer August 1973 COLUMN DETAILS
5. Jack Boucher, Photographer August 1973 VESTIBULE
6. Jack Boucher Photographer August 1973 WEST SiDE OF LOBBY WITH CORINTHIAN COLUMNS
7. Photocopy of old photo SOUTHWEST ELEVATION, from the book, Picturesque Ulster.
Back to Kingston, New York