Dr. Luke Kiersted House, 93 John Street, Kingston, Ulster County, NY
See 27 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
93 John Street, Kingston, NY
Find maps of Kingston, NY
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS NY-5559
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-242, FN-243).
Building/structure dates: 174 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1850 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1890 subsequent work
Significance: This is an example of a frame house built around the late 18th century during the transition between pre-Revolution building styles and Federal houses.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. SOUTH (FRONT) ELEVATION WITH EAST END
2. SOUTHWEST ELEVATION
3. NORTHWEST ELEVATION
4. FRONT WINDOWS WITH ORIGINAL SHUTTERS AND BEADED CLAPBOARDS
5. DOOR WITH BULLSEYE, EAST SIDE, FIRST FLOOR
6. ORIGINAL KITCHEN FIREPLACE AND OVEN EAST ROOM, BASEMENT
7. DETAIL OF NOGGING AND FRAMING WORK, NORTHEAST CORNER OF ATTIC
Back to Kingston, New York