North Las Vegas>
Kiel Ranch, 200 West Carey Avenue, North Las Vegas, Clark County, NV
Photo Caption Pages
200 West Carey Avenue, North Las Vegas, NV
Find maps of North Las Vegas, NV
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS NV-19
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (N85).
Building/structure dates: 1859 initial construction
National Register Number: 75001107
Significance: The Kiel Ranch, established as an "Indian Farm" in 1856 by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS) missionaries, has reflected the life and times of the Las Vegas Valley, as shown by the following benchmark dates: 1884--Conrad Kiel files original land patent, 1901-Sold by Kiel heirs to railroad, 1911-John Park purchases and builds mansion, 1924-Park sells to industrialist Edward Taylor, 1926-1953-Taylor Ranch rented and leased out, 1939-Edwin Losee leases for Boulderado Dude Ranch, 1953-James Losee purchases to continue dude ranch, 1961-Losee sells to developers, 1974-Purchased by North Las Vegas Bicentennial Committee, 1976-Donated to City of North Las Vegas.
Conservation & Restoration
Indians Of North America
The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints (L
Park, John S.
Condie, Roger, Field Team
Howard, Patricia L., Field Team
Lewis, Ophelia V., Field Team
Garrett, Jimmie, Photographer
Martin, Phyllis T., Historian
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. GENERAL VIEW, LOOKING NORTH FROM CAREY AVENUE
2. GENERAL VIEW, LOOKING NORTHEAST FROM CAREY AND COMMERCE STREET
3. GENERAL VIEW, LOOKING EAST FROM COMMERCE STREET
4. GENERAL VIEW, LOOKING NORTHWEST FROM LOSEE AND CAREY
5. GENERAL VIEW, SHOWING FORMER RESERVOIR
Back to North Las Vegas, Nevada