Hawthorne Army Ammunition Plant, Hawthorne, Mineral County, NV
Find maps of Hawthorne, NV
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER NV-5
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-3).
Building/structure dates: 1928 initial construction
Significance: Constructed and operated by the U.S. Navy in 1929-1931, and greatly expanded during World War II, the plant served as a high explosive ammunition depot supporting the Pacific fleet. Ancillary functions included demilitarization, rework, and load-assemble-and-pack of various ordnance items. In 1977 the entire facility was transferred to the U.S. Army.
War (World War II)
Mittry Brothers Construction Company
Cotter, C. H.
C. B. Dinsmore & Company
Jackson, Donald C., Field Team
MacDonald, Stuart, Historian
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
Back to Hawthorne, Nevada