Truckee-Carson Irrigation District, Lower Diagonal No. 1 Drain, Bounded by West Gate Road & Weapons Delivery Road,, Fallon, Churchill County, NV
Photo Caption Pages
Bounded by West Gate Road & Weapons Delivery Road, Fallon, NV
Find maps of Fallon, NV
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER NV-6-K
Building/structure dates: 1921 initial construction
Significance: The Truckee-Carson Irrigation District is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as a National Register Thematic District. The District inlcudes Lake Tahoe Dam, Boca Reservoir Dam, Derby Diversion Dam, Lahontan Dam, Lahontan Power plant, Carson River Diversion Dam, 69 miles of main canals, 312 miles of laterals and 345 miles of open drains. The Lower Diagonal No. 1 Drain is 10.8 of those 345 miles of open drains. Of that, the section of the Lower Diagonal No. Drain that will be realigned is 1181 feet. It has not been determined which canals, drains, ditches and laterals are contributing elements to the District, so this section of the Lower Diagonal No. 1 Drain will be treated as a contributing element until these determinations have been made.
Taylor, L. H.
U.S. Reclamation Service
Creger, C. Cliff, Historian
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. VIEW OF WEST PORTION OF LOWER DIAGONAL NO. 1 DRAIN LOOKING TOWARDS THE WEST GATE ROAD CULVERT, LOOKING 3052 EAST OF NORTH.
2. VIEW OF CENTRAL BEND OF LOWER DIAGONAL NO. 1 DRAIN, LOOKING 2932 EAST OF NORTH.
3. VIEW OF EAST PORTION OF LOWER DIAGONAL NO. 1 DRAIN LOOKING TOWARDS THE CENTRAL BEND, LOOKING 2742 EAST OF NORTH.
4. VIEW OF EAST PORTION OF LOWER DIAGONAL NO. 1 DRAIN LOOKING TOWARDS THE CENTRAL BEND, LOOKING 270t EAST OF NORTH.
5. VIEW OF WEST GATE ROAD CULVERT OF LOWER DIAGONAL NO. 1 DRAIN, LOOKING 323' EAST OF NORTH.
6. VIEW OF WEST GATE ROAD CULVERT OF LOWER DIAGONAL NO. 1 DRAIN, LOOKING 2502 EAST OF NORTH.
7. VIEW OF WEAPONS DELIVERY ROAD CULVERT OF LOWER DIAGONAL NO. 1 DRAIN, LOOKING 522 EAST OF NORTH.
Back to Fallon, Nevada