Boulder City vicinity>
Lakeshore Road, Boulder Basin, Boulder City, Clark County, NV
Photo Caption Pages
Boulder Basin, Boulder City vicinity, NV
Find maps of Boulder City, NV
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER NV-22
Building/structure dates: 1941 initial construction
Significance: Lakeshore Road and associated road features have been determined locally significant under National Register Criteria A and C. Construction of the road opened Lake Mead NRA, an early and major southwestern recreational area, to development and tourism. Construction of the road and associated features reflect building techniques employed in southern Nevada during the 1940's, as well as construction modifications necessitated by defense buildup prior to World War II. While the road itself has been extensively modified through time, its alignment and associated features (headwalls, culverts, gutters) retain good to excellent integrity.
A. Teichert & Son
National Park Service
Pernick, Andy, Photographer
Peterson, Leslie, Historian
Daron, Steven E., Historian
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. ROADVIEW 1/8 MI NORTH OF LAKE MEAD NRA ENTRANCE SIGN, EAST OF HENDERSON, NEVADA, FACING NORTHEAST.
2. ROADVIEW AT LSR-8, FACING EAST.
3. ROADVIEW AT LAS VEGAS BAY ENTRANCE ROAD, FACING SOUTHEAST (ENTRANCE ROAD TO THE LEFT).
4. ROADVIEW AT LSR-26, FACING SOUTHEAST.
5. ROADVIEW AT LSR-39, FACING SOUTHEAST (NON-HISTORIC PULLOUT TO THE RIGHT).
6. ROADVIEW AT LSR-52, FACING SOUTH.
7. LSR-1, UPSTREAM HEADWALL, CEMENT AND STONE, VERTICAL FLAT-FACED, FACING WEST.
8. LSR-7, UPSTREAM HEADWALL, CEMENT AND STONE, VERTICAL FLAT-FACED, CEMENT APRON/NON-HISTORIC REPAIRS?, FACING WEST.
9. LSR-8, UPSTREAM HEADWALL, CEMENT AND STONE, VERTICAL FLAT-FACED, FACING NORTHWEST.
10. LSR-8, DOWNSTREAM HEADWALL, CEMENT AND STONE, VERTICAL FLAT-FACED, FACING SOUTHEAST.
11. LSR-11, UPSTREAM HEADWALL, CEMENT AND STONE, VERTICAL FLAT-FACED, FACING NORTH.
12. LSR-13, UPSTREAM HEADWALL, RIPRAP, FACING NORTHWEST.
13. LSR-13, DOWNSTREAM HEADWALL, RIPRAP, FACING SOUTHEAST.
14. LSR-14, UPSTREAM HEADWALL, DRESSED STONE, VERTICAL WINGED WITH DRAIN PIPE, FACING NORTHEAST.
15. LSR-15, UPSTREAM HEADWALL, DRESSED STONE, VERTICAL FLAT-FACED, FACING NORTHWEST.
16. LSR-16, GUTTER, FACING WEST.
Back to Boulder City vicinity, Nevada