Wallpack Center vicinity>
Van Campen-Dewitt Barn, Wallpack Center, Sussex County, NJ
Photo Caption Pages
Wallpack Center vicinity, NJ
Find maps of Wallpack Center, NJ
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS NJ-736
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-567).
Significance: This good example of a heavy-timbered barn was built, according to tradition, by John H. DeWitt in the early 19th century. It is an unusual barn with a central hay loft. Though added to and refaced, the extent and form of the original structure are still evident
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. SOUTHEAST AND NORTHEAST (FRONT) ELEVATIONS.
2. SOUTHWEST AND SOUTHEAST ELEVATIONS
3. MAIN FLOOR LOOKING SOUTHWEST
4. NORTHWEST AISLE LOOKING NORTHEAST
5. HAY LOFT LOOKING SOUTHWEST
6. EAST CORNER OF LOFT
Back to Wallpack Center vicinity, New Jersey