Grove Street Bridge, Grove Street, spanning Railroad tracks, Montclair, Essex County, NJ
Photo Caption Pages
spanning Railroad tracks, Montclair, NJ
Find maps of Montclair, NJ
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER NJ-52
Building/structure dates: 1913 initial construction
Significance: Constructed of reinforced concrete, the Grove Street Bridge is part of an early twentieth century commuter railroad complex. It was designed and built under the supervision of George J. Ray, chief engineer for the Delaware Lackawanna and Western Railroads.
Concrete Girder Bridges
Ray, George J.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. EAST ELEVATION
2. WEST ELEVATION AND PASSENGER PLATFORM
3. ENCLOSED PEDESTRIAN STAIRCASE, NORTHEAST VIEW
4. INTERIOR VIEW OF ENCLOSED STAIRCASE, EAST VIEW
5. BALUSTRADE AND ENCLOSED STAIRCASE, SOUTHEAST VIEW
6. EXTERIOR PEDESTRIAN STAIRCASE, NORTHEAST VIEW
7. LAMP PYLON, DETAIL
8. CENTER PIERS, NORTHEAST VIEW
9. ABUTMENT WALL, DETAIL
10. DECK SUPPORT SYSTEM, DETAIL
11. Photocopy of original plans, 1911 PLAN AND WEST ELEVATION
Back to Montclair, New Jersey