Town of Linwood, County Road 585, South of Northfield, Linwood, Atlantic County, NJ
South of Northfield, Linwood, NJ
Find maps of Linwood, NJ
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS NJ-1039
Building/structure dates: 1759
Significance: Linwood, originally called Leedsville, was first settled by Quakers in the mid-18th century. The town is representative of the early 18th century bay town, which grew up along Shore Road, the main transportation artery prior to the railroad. Today Linwood is one of a string of mainland suburbs to Atlantic City.
Cities & Towns
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
Back to Linwood, New Jersey