William Ennes House, Old Mine Road, Sandyston Township, Hainesville, Sussex County, NJ
See 36 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
Sandyston Township, Hainesville vicinity, NJ
Find maps of Hainesville, NJ
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS NJ-431
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-564).
Building/structure dates: 1751 initial construction
Significance: This small stone dwelling, one of the three remaining structures which formed the village of Minisink, was built in 1751, according to an inscription. It was the home of William Ennes, one of the first teachers in Sussex County. Though added to at the turn of the 20th century and again in 1952, the original one room and loft house has had only minor alterations.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. Historic American Buildings Survey Nathaniel R. Ewan, Photographer July 13, 1937 EXTERIOR - NORTHWEST ELEVATION
2. Historic American Buildings Survey Joseph Barborka, Photographer June 15, 1937 INTERIOR - MANTEL DETAIL - LIVING ROOM
3. Photocopy of a photograph Photographer unknown, ca. 1890 SOUTHEAST AND NORTHEAST ELEVATIONS
Back to Hainesville vicinity, New Jersey