Nyce-Depue Farm, Old Mine Road, Hainesville, Sussex County, NJ
See 30 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
Old Mine Road, Hainesville vicinity, NJ
Find maps of Hainesville, NJ
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS NJ-737
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-568).
Significance: This stone house, probably built between 1810 and 1815 as a one room dwelling, was added to shortly thereafter and exists without intrusions of the 20th century. The most famous occupant, Alonzo De Pue, operated a weather station from the house until his death in 1962. The farm complex also includes a barn and an interesting corn crib, both constructed of hand-hewn timbers.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. SOUTHEAST (FRONT) ELEVATION
2. NORTHEAST AND NORTHWEST ELEVATIONS
3. FIRST FLOOR SOUTHWEST ROOM, SOUTHWEST WALL
4. FIRST FLOOR, CENTER ROOM, SOUTHWEST WALL
5. SECOND FLOOR, CENTER ROOM, SOUTHWEST WALL
6. SECOND FLOOR, NORTHEAST ROOM, NORTHEAST WALL
7. Photocopy of a photograph Photographer and date unknown SOUTHEAST (FRONT) ELEVATION
8. Photocopy of a photograph Photographer and date unknown SOUTHWEST AND SOUTHEAST ELEVATIONS, PEOPLE AND HORSES IN FOREGROUND
9. Photocopy of a photograph Photographer and date unknown FARM FROM SOUTHEAST: BARN TO LEFT, CORN CRIB UNDER TREES, HOUSE TO RIGHT
Back to Hainesville vicinity, New Jersey