Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home > New Hampshire > Hopkinton > St. Andrew's Church (Episcopal), Hopkinton Village, Hopkinton, Merrimack County, NH



See 44 maps of this location


B&W Photos
Front (south) Elevation
HB778203
Front (south) Elevation
Perspective View Of Rear (north) And West Side
HB778204
Perspective View Of Rear (north) And West Side


Data Pages


Photo Caption Pages


Item Title


Location
Hopkinton Village, Hopkinton, NH

Find maps of Hopkinton, NH


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS NH-167
Building/structure dates: 1827 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1865 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1920 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1930 subsequent work
Significance: Built of ashlar, it is typical of early Episcopal churches in New England. Interesting as possessing spire designed by the well known firm of Cram and Ferguson in 1930; it was their intention to make the spire more in harmony with the "colonial style." The original tower, as designed by John Leach, was flat topped.

Subjects
Religious Services
Stone Buildings (granite)
Episcopal Churches


Related Names
Cram & Ferguson
Leach, John
Silver, John
Silver, Jere
Hedge, Lemuel
L. H. Shattuck, Incorporated
Wood, Charles B., Historian
Peterich, Gerda, Photographer


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents
Photograph caption(s): 
1. FRONT (SOUTH) ELEVATION
2. PERSPECTIVE VIEW OF REAR (NORTH) AND WEST SIDE


Back to Hopkinton, New Hampshire