Merchants' Exchange Block, 94-102 North Main Street, Concord, Merrimack County, NH
Photo Caption Pages
94-102 North Main Street, Concord, NH
Find maps of Concord, NH
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS NH-207
Significance: Though substantially altered through the years, the Merchant's Exchange Block is representative of the first generation of major commercial development in the city of Concord. The structure is located in the Eagle Square Historic District. The block, which occupies a site facing the New Hampshire State Capitol, has historically served a commercial use with multiple retail units traditionally located in the lower 2 stories and offices in the upper 2 stories.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. VIEW EAST SHOWING WEST (FRONT) ELEVATION
2. VIEW SOUTHWEST SHOWING EAST (REAR) AND NORTH ELEVATIONS
3. SECOND FLOOR, DETAIL, SOUTHWEST OFFICE DOOR, LOOKING SOUTH
4. SECOND FLOOR, SOUTHWEST OFFICE, LOOKING WEST
5. Photocopy of woodcut (from collection of New HampshireHistorical Society, Concord, New Hampshire), pre 1870 VIEW SOUTHEAST SHOWING NORTH AND WEST (FRONT) ELEVATIONS
6. Photocopy of etching (from collection of New Hampshire Historical Society, Concord, New Hampshire), post 1870 VIEW SOUTHEAST SHOWING WEST FRONT (ELEVATION)
Back to Concord, New Hampshire