William H. Robinson House, 127 Fourth Avenue Northeast, Mayville, Traill County, ND
See 66 maps of this location
127 Fourth Avenue Northeast, Mayville, ND
Find maps of Mayville, ND
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS ND-15
Building/structure dates: 1900 initial construction
Significance: The Colonel William H. Robinson Home, commonly known as the Inga B. Grinager Home, was built in about 1900. It represents a composite of architectural styles, but is mainly an example of late Victorian design. William Robinson (1846-1911) was a lumber businessman and twice a member of the N.D. State Senate. He probably served as his own designer. After Robinson's death in 1911, his widow sold the house to Jens K. Grinager, a well-known dry goods merchant, in 1915. Grinager died in 1938 and was succeeded as owner by his wife Inga, who lived there until 1975. The house is presently owned and occupied by their grandson and his wife, Paul and Judy Grinager.
Robinson, Col. William H.
Grinager, Jens K.
Grinager, Inga B.
Halda, Bonnie J., Delineator
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
Back to Mayville, North Dakota