Devils Lake vicinity>
Fort Totten, Hospital, 12 miles southwest of Devils Lake City off Route 5, Devils Lake, Benson County, ND
Photo Caption Pages
12 miles southwest of Devils Lake City off Route 5, Devils Lake vicinity, ND
Find maps of Devils Lake, ND
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS ND-10
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-4).
Building/structure dates: 1869 initial construction
Significance: An excellent, well-preserved example of a military post of the Indian War period in the trans-Mississippi West.
Boucher, Jack, Photographer
McCown, Susan, Historian
Anderson, Kenneth L., Delineator
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. SOUTHEAST (FRONT) ELEVATION
2. SOUTHEAST ELEVATION, FROM EAST
3. GENERAL VIEW OF REAR ELEVATION, FROM NORTH
4. SOUTHEAST ELEVATION, FROM SOUTH
5. WEST WING
6. DETAIL OF SMALL PORCH AT SOUTHWEST ELEVATION
7. DETAIL OF CORNICE AND WINDOW SILL
Back to Devils Lake vicinity, North Dakota