St. Stephen's Episcopal Church, Langer Avenue & Third Street Northwest, Casselton, Cass County, ND
See 70 maps of this location
Langer Avenue & Third Street Northwest, Casselton, ND
Find maps of Casselton, ND
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS ND-29
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (N627).
Building/structure dates: 1885 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1951 subsequent work
Significance: Early services at Casselton, Dakota Territory, were conducted by Revered B.F. Cooley, a priest stationed at Fargo, who had attended the High Church Episcopal Seminary at Nashotah, Eisconsin. Cooley collaborated in the design of St. Stephen's with immigrant English architect George D. Hancock and the recently-appointed Bishop William David Walker to create a church that is generally regarded as the finest in the diocese...
Stone Buildings (freestone)
Cooley, Rev. B. F.
Hancock, George D.
Walker, Rev. William David
Cass, George W.
Ouren, Nathan, Delineator
Ramsey, Donna, Delineator
Hanson, Susan, Delineator
Butler, Bart, Delineator
Johnson, Kristene, Delineator
Bader, Mike, Delineator
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
Back to Casselton, North Dakota