Swaringen Wholesale Grocery, 210-216 North Lee Street, Salisbury, Rowan County, NC
See 15 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
210-216 North Lee Street, Salisbury, NC
Find maps of Salisbury, NC
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS NC-235
Building/structure dates: 1907 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1980 demolished
Significance: This building with its decorative cast iron is an example of the art deco style which was at that time popular in Salisbury. It relates to the building at 120-124 Council Street.
Sieburg-Baker, Joann, Photographer
Brawley, James, Historian
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. GENERAL VIEW NORTH LEE STREET LOOKING (SOUTH).
2. VIEW OF SIDE AND REAR. 3. (FRONT) ELEVATION (EAST).
4. FRONT AND SIDE ELEVATIONS FROM SOUTHEAST.
5. REAR AND SIDE ELEVATION FROM NORTHWEST.
6. STORE FRONT DETAIL.
7. DETAIL OF DECORATIVE CAST IRON.
8. EXTERIOR BACK DOOR.
9. INTERIOR VIEW FACING STORE FRONT.
Back to Salisbury, North Carolina