Orange County Courthouse, King & Churton Streets, Hillsborough, Orange County, NC
Photo Caption Pages
King & Churton Streets, Hillsborough, NC
Find maps of Hillsborough, NC
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS NC-191
Building/structure dates: 1845 initial construction
Photographs #1-2 are part of the Pictorial Archives of Early American Architecture (PAEAA), also found in the Prints & Photographs Division of the Library of Congress
Significance: Good example of Classical Revival courthouse.
Earl Of Hillsborough
Waterman, Thomas, Historian
Cooper, Robert E., Historian
Boucher, Jack E., Photographer
McDonald, Melissa, Historian
Biggs, Archie A., Photographer
Adams, D. Delmas, Delineator
Wall, John T., Delineator
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. Historic American Buildings Survey, Archie A. Biggs, Photographer June 28, 1937 FRONT VIEW.
2. Historic American Buildings Survey, Archie A. Biggs, Photographer June 28, 1937 REAR VIEW.
3. EXTERIOR, SOUTH FRONT
4. EXTERIOR, DETAIL OF SOUTH FACADE
5. EXTERIOR, EAST SIDE
6. INTERIOR, FANLIGHT OVER FRONT DOOR AS SEEN FROM INTERIOR STAIR
7. INTERIOR, COURTROOM
8. INTERIOR, SECOND FLOOR ROOM SHOWING WINDOWS AND FIREPLACE
Back to Hillsborough, North Carolina