Joe Wilson House, Old Robinson Cemetery (moved from Startown Road), Hickory, Catawba County, NC
See 12 maps of this location
Old Robinson Cemetery (moved from Startown Road), Hickory, NC
Find maps of Hickory, NC
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS NC-216
Building/structure dates: 1820 initial construction
Significance: It was built in 1820, 10 miles south of Hickory on the Startown Road. The property on which the house was built later became the Henry C. Cline property. The house was occupied until the early 1900s when the last of Mr. Wilson's descendants moved out. In 1952 the Catawba County Historical Society became interested in the house through the efforts of Raymond Hefner, Mayor of Hickory and President of the Historical Society, the house was moved to its present location in the old Robinson Cemetery, all that remains at the original location is a well and the foundations of a potato house...
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
Back to Hickory, North Carolina