A. T. Page House, Wilkenson Street, Cary, Wake County, NC
Wilkenson Street, Cary, NC
Find maps of Cary, NC
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS NC-306
Building/structure dates: 1782 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1832 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1900 subsequent work
Significance: The land is part of the original Royal grant to the Earl of Granville. It is situated on a short ridge at elevation 505' and is the highest point for at least 5 miles in all directions. The land drains north and west to Crabtree Creek, south to Swift Creek, and east into Walnut Creek, all in the Neuse River Basin. It original middle section was built ca. 1782 when the land was owned by John Bradford, planter. At that time it had floor plans different from the existing ones and was possibly at a different location or orientation...
Jordan, William M.
Page, Allison Francis
Page, Walter Hines
Chatham Railroad Company
Powell, James R., Delineator
Young, Nicholas P., Delineator
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
Back to Cary, North Carolina