Rock Creek Bridge, Spanning Rock Creek at County Road, South end of M, Joliet, Carbon County, MT
Photo Caption Pages
South end of M, Joliet, MT
Find maps of Joliet, MT
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER MT-56
Building/structure dates: 1901 initial construction
Significance: The bridge was Carbon County's first steel truss and its location contributed to the economic growth of Joliet by providing access to the community from agricultural areas on the south side of the river during the town's initial stage of development. The bridge is also associated with William S. Hewett, one of the most prominent Minneapolis bridge builders in Montana.
Steel Truss Bridges
Hewett, William S.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. DISTANT VIEW OF BRIDGE, LOOKING NORTHWEST
2. 3/4 VIEW OF BRIDGE, LOOKING NORTHWEST
3. 3/4 VIEW OF BRIDGE, LOOKING NORTH
4. VIEW OF SOUTH PORTAL, LOOKING NORTHWEST
5. VIEW OF NORTH PORTAL, LOOKING SOUTHEAST
6. VIEW LOOKING SOUTHEAST ALONG LOWER CHORD
7. VIEW OF BRIDGE PLAQUE, LOOKING NORTHWEST
Back to Joliet, Montana