Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

Montana

>

Anaconda vicinity

>

Anaconda Reduction Department, Southeast side of Warm Springs Valley, Anaconda, Deer Lodge County, MT



See 16 maps of this location


B&W Photos

HB745866
Anaconda Foundry Department Looking West

HB745867
Anaconda Foundry Department Looking North, With The Compressor House And Moulding Shop In The Foreground

HB745868
Anaconda Foundry Department Looking West

HB745869
View Of The Foundry Department Breaker House

HB745870
Boiler Building Of The Foundry Department

HB745871
General View Of The 'big Stack' And Slaghead At The Washoe Smelter

HB745872
View Of The 'big Stack' And The Smelter

HB745873
View Of The Washoe Smelter From The North, With A Lime Kiln Plant To The Left


Data Pages


Photo Caption Pages


Color Transparencies

Image not currently available to download
Please email us to
purchase this image.
Image not currently available to download
Please email us to
purchase this image.
Image not currently available to download
Please email us to
purchase this image.
Item Title


Location
Southeast side of Warm Springs Valley, Anaconda vicinity, MT

Find maps of Anaconda, MT


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1968.

Notes
Survey number HAER MT-37
Building/structure dates: 1885 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1902 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1904 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1914 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1918 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1920 subsequent work
Significance: The Foundry Department of the Anaconda Reduction Department was organized as an independent venture in the late 1880s. Originally known as the Anaconda Hardware Company - dealers in stoves, iron, steel, cutlery, and glassware - the firm was purchased by the Tuttle Manufacturing Company in 1890. This latter concern expanded the complex to include the production of industrial wire, engines and boilers as well as domestic hardware...

Subjects
Foundries


Related Names
Kleptko , Frank
Repath
Atlantic Richfield Company
Anaconda Hardware Company
Tuttle Manufacturing & Supply Company
Anaconda Copper Mining Company
Lowe, Jet, Photographer
Quivik, Fredric, Historian


Collection
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)

Contents
Photograph caption(s): 
1. ANACONDA FOUNDRY DEPARTMENT LOOKING WEST. THE MOULDING SHOP IS ON THE LEFT, THE MACHINE SHOP IS VISIBLE ON THE RIGHT
2. ANACONDA FOUNDRY DEPARTMENT LOOKING NORTH, WITH THE COMPRESSOR HOUSE AND MOULDING SHOP IN THE FOREGROUND
3. ANACONDA FOUNDRY DEPARTMENT LOOKING WEST. THE STEAM/BOILER HOUSE IS IN THE FOREGROUND, WITH THE COMPRESSOR HOUSE AND MACHINE SHOP BEYOND
4. VIEW OF THE FOUNDRY DEPARTMENT BREAKER HOUSE
5. BOILER BUILDING OF THE FOUNDRY DEPARTMENT
6. GENERAL VIEW OF THE 'BIG STACK' AND SLAGHEAD AT THE WASHOE SMELTER
7. VIEW OF THE 'BIG STACK' AND THE SMELTER
8. VIEW OF THE WASHOE SMELTER FROM THE NORTH, WITH A LIME KILN PLANT TO THE LEFT
ANACONDA FOUNDRY DEPARTMENT LOOKING NORTH, WITH THE COMPRESSOR HOUSE AND MOULDING SHOP IN THE FOREGROUND
GENERAL VIEW OF THE "BIG STACK" AND SLAGHEAD AT THE WASHOE SMELTER
VIEW OF THE WASHOE SMELTER FROM THE NORTH, WITH A LIME KILN PLANT TO THE LEFT


Back to Anaconda vicinity, Montana