Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming


Home

>

Mississippi

>

Natchez

>

Commercial Bank, 206 Main Street, Natchez, Adams County, MS



See 14 maps of this location


B&W Photos

HB738504

HB738505

HB738506

HB738507

HB738508

HB738509

HB738510

HB738511


Data Pages


Photo Caption Pages


Item Title


Location
206 Main Street, Natchez, MS

Find maps of Natchez, MS


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS MS-190
Significance: The First Church of Christ (Scientist), a National Historic Landmark, is a superb example of Greek Revival architecture, dominated by an academic Ionic portico. Originally built for the Commercial Bank of Natchez in 1836, the church retains a great deal of the building's original fabric, including two bank vaults.

Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents


Back to Natchez, Mississippi