Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

Missouri

>

Springfield

>

Walnut-Dollison Historic District, Charles G. Rose House, 919 East Walnut Street, Springfield, Greene County, MO



See 23 maps of this location


B&W Photos

HB696630
BWPhotos 095754

HB696631
BWPhotos 095755

HB696632
BWPhotos 095756

HB696633
BWPhotos 095757

HB696634
BWPhotos 095758

HB696635
BWPhotos 095759

HB696636
BWPhotos 095760


Data Pages


Drawings


Photo Caption Pages


Item Title


Location
919 East Walnut Street, Springfield, MO

Find maps of Springfield, MO


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS MO-1252-GG
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-108).
Significance: Built in 1902-03 by speculator J.B. Montgomery, this two-story frame house was first occupied by Charles Rose, owner of the Rose Dry Goods Company. In 1906 it was sold to Ignace Glaser, also in dry goods, and was later sold to Dr. William Plunlee and his wife Effie, who owns it now. A simply massed and detailed neoclassical building typical of its period, it is somewhat more modestly sized than its neighbors, substantial town houses built along Walnut Street at the turn of the century. This house has undergone few alterations, retaining its architectural integrity.

Subjects
Houses


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents


Back to Springfield, Missouri