Samuel Cupples House, 3673 West Pine Boulevard, Saint Louis, St. Louis City County, MO
Photo Caption Pages
3673 West Pine Boulevard, Saint Louis, MO
Find maps of Saint Louis, MO
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS MO-1833
Building/structure dates: 1890 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1896 subsequent work
Significance: A well-preserved example of Romanesque Revival architecture containing interior elements. It also contains parts of three different heating systems, ranging from the original fireplaces to later hot-air and steam heating systems. The Cupples family were well-known locally for their philanthropic activities, including support of several educational institutions in and around St. Louis.
Historic House Museums
Annan, Thomas B.
Cupples, Martha Sophia Kells.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. GENERAL VIEW FROM SOUTHWEST
2. SOUTH FRONT
3. SOUTH FRONT (NOTE SCALE ROD BETWEEN BAY AND SOUTHWEST CORNER PORCH)
4. SOUTHEAST CORNER OF BUILDING
5. EAST SIDE FROM SOUTHEAST
6. DETAIL OF SOUTHEAST CORNER PORCH FROM SOUTHEAST
7. DETAIL OF SOUTHEAST CORNER PORCH FROM SOUTH
8. DETAIL OF PORTE COCHERE (WEST SIDE OF HOUSE) FROM SOUTH
9. DETAIL OF TURRET, SOUTHEAST CORNER OF HOUSE
10. DETAIL OF ORNAMENTAL STONE DOWNSPOUT SUPPORTS, SOUTH FRONT ADJACENT TO PORCH
11. GENERAL VIEW IN CENTER HALL FROM SOUTH
12. DETAIL OF STAINED GLASS TIFFANY WINDOWS, UPPER STAIR LANDING OF CENTER HALL
13. VIEW IN SOUTH FRONT ROOM, FIRST FLOOR
14. DETAIL OF CARVED SCREEN, SOUTH FRONT ROOM, FIRST FLOOR
15. DETAIL OF BUILT-IN BUFFET, DINING ROOM (EAST CENTER ROOM), FIRST FLOOR
16. DETAIL OF FIREPLACE, DINING ROOM (EAST CENTER ROOM), FIRST FLOOR
17. DETAIL OF FIREPLACE, WEST CENTER ROOM, FIRST FLOOR
Back to Saint Louis, Missouri