Paradise Road Bridge, Spanning Little Platte River, Paradise, Clay County, MO
See 29 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
Spanning Little Platte River, Paradise vicinity, MO
Find maps of Paradise, MO
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER MO-7
Building/structure dates: 1896 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1979 demolished
Significance: This was a representative example of a late nineteenth century pin-connected Pratt through-truss bridge, and retained almost all of its historic integrity until the time it was destroyed. It was supported on cylindrical steel piers, and had a central span of 232 feet.
Steel Truss Bridges
Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Works
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. LONG DISTANCE 'BARREL SHOT' SHOWING WOODEN DECK OF APPROACH SPAN IN FOREGROUND
2. GENERAL 'BARREL SHOT'
3. GENERAL THREE-QUARTER VIEW SHOWING BRIDGE AND STREAM BENEATH IT
4. GENERAL ELEVATION VIEW OF BRIDGE
5. GENERAL VIEW WITH APPROACH SPAN ON RIGHT
6. CLOSE-UP VIEW OF TRUSS AT MID-SPAN
7. CLOSE-UP VIEW OF TRUSS NEAR END OF SPAN
8. CLOSE-UP VIEW AT END OF SPAN SHOWING APPROACH SPANS, SUPPORT COLUMNS, AND FLOOR BEAMS.
9. DETAIL VIEW OF INCLINED END POST WITH PIER
10. DETAIL VIEW OF BOTTOM CHORD PIN CONNECTION SHOWING RIVITED FLOOR BEAM
11. DETAIL VIEW OF UNDERSIDE OF BRIDGE SHOWING SUPPORT COLUMN BRACING AND FLOOR BEAMS
Back to Paradise vicinity, Missouri