American Mill Bridge, Spanning Center Creek, intersection Routes H & 71 , Carthage, Jasper County, MO
North Portal, View To North
intersection Routes H & 71, Carthage vicinity, MO
Find maps of Carthage, MO
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER MO-25
Building/structure dates: 1886 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1893 subsequent work
Significance: The American Mill Bridge is a single span steel and wrought iron Pratt through truss bridge and one of the earliest surviving intact examples in southern Missouri. It was fabricated by the Missouri Valley Bridge and Iron Company of Leavenworth, Kansas.
Flour & Meal Industry
Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Company
Stewart, H. H.
Jacobs, B. F.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. DISTANT VIEW TO NORTH
2. VIEW TO NORTH
3. VIEW TO WEST
4. VIEW TO SOUTH
5. VIEW TO EAST
6. NORTH PORTAL, VIEW TO NORTH
7. PORTAL CONNECTION, NORTHEAST CORNER
8. TOP CHORD PANEL POINT CONNECTION
9. BEARING, NORTHEAST CORNER
10. DECK SUPPORT SYSTEM, LOWER CHORD PANEL POINT CONNECTIONS, VIEW NORTHWEST
11. LOWER CHORD PANEL POINT CONNECTIONS, VIEW SOUTHWEST
12. NORTHERN ABUTMENT WITH ADDITION, DECK SUPPORT SYSTEM, VIEW NORTHEAST
13. NORTHERN ABUTMENT WITH ADDITION, VIEW NORTH
14. SOUTH ABUTMENT, VIEW SOUTHWEST
15. DETAIL OF TOOLING ON MASONRY, NORTHWEST CORNER OF SOUTH ABUTMENT
16. BRIDGE PLATE, NORTHERN PORTAL
Back to Carthage vicinity, Missouri