Johnson Bridge, Spanning Redwood River, Seaforth, Redwood County, MN
See 30 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
Spanning Redwood River, Seaforth vicinity, MN
Find maps of Seaforth, MN
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER MN-56
Building/structure dates: 1904 initial construction
Significance: Built in 1904, the Johnson Bridge was the second all-metal bridge built by Sheridan Township. It is highly representative of the work of William S. Hewett and Company of Minneapolis, Minnesota, a major regional bridge builder.
William S. Hewett & Company
Adams, Milo A.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. VIEW OF NORTH APPROACH, LOOKING SOUTH
2. VIEW OF SOUTH APPROACH, LOOKING NORTH
3. VIEW OF EAST SIDE, LOOKING NORTHWEST
4. VIEW OF WEST SIDE, LOOKING SOUTHEAST
5. DETAIL VIEW OF BUILDER'S PLATE, SOUTH PORTAL, LOOKING NORTH
6. DETAIL VIEW OF UPPER CHORD, WEST WEB, LOOKING NORTHEAST
7. DETAIL VIEW OF LOWER CHORD, WEST WEB, LOOKING NORTHEAST
8. DETAIL VIEW OF SOUTHEAST TUBULAR PIER, LOOKING NORTHWEST
9. JOHNSON BRIDGE ELEVATION, PORTAL AND PLAN
Back to Seaforth vicinity, Minnesota