Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

Michigan

>

Ovid

>

Congregational Church, North Main & East Pearl Streets, Ovid, Clinton County, MI



See 38 maps of this location


B&W Photos

HB638843
Exterior, East And South Sides

HB638844
Exterior, Tower Detail

HB638845
Interior, Auditorium


Data Pages


Photo Caption Pages


Item Title


Location
North Main & East Pearl Streets, Ovid, MI

Find maps of Ovid, MI


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS MI-250
Significance: Late 19th century wood frame church with Gothic Revival elements. / Date of construction: 1872. Wood frame. One story above high basement; 34' x 58' original portion; additions added later; modified T-plan. Gable roof; pilaster strips at corner of clapboard walls; octagonal buttressed belfry on square 3 stage tower; rose-like window motif in center of west gable. Pipe organ dating from 1900 in chancel (altar and choir section). 1899 -- Moved from the northeast corner of Park and High Sts. to the southeast corner of Main and Pearl Streets; also remodeled in 1899 with basement added and 2 porticoes added on front and side. Church; the Congregational Church merged in 1942 to form the United Church of Ovid.

Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents
Photograph caption(s): 
1. EXTERIOR, EAST AND SOUTH SIDES
2. EXTERIOR, TOWER DETAIL
3. INTERIOR, AUDITORIUM


Back to Ovid, Michigan