Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming


Home

>

Michigan

>

Mount Clemens vicinity

>

Selfridge Field, Building No. 1514, Schoolhouse Road north of South Perimeter Road, Mount Clemens, Macomb County, MI



Data Pages


Photo Caption Pages


Item Title


Location
Schoolhouse Road north of South Perimeter Road, Mount Clemens vicinity, MI

Find maps of Mount Clemens, MI


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1968.

Notes
Survey number HAER MI-116-TT
Significance: Building 1514 was erected to serve as the chapel for the self-contained U.S. Army regional Nike headquarters, command structures and missile batteries, that occupied the southwest portion of Selfridge. This chapel edifice was an integral part of the complex that administered to the spiritual needs of the servicemen serving on the front lines of the Cold War.

Subjects
Chapels
Military Training


Collection
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)

Contents


Back to Mount Clemens vicinity, Michigan