Abner Pratt House, 107 North Kalamazoo Avenue, Marshall, Calhoun County, MI
See 44 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
107 North Kalamazoo Avenue, Marshall, MI
Find maps of Marshall, MI
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS MI-228
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-43).
National Register Number: 91002053
Significance: This mid-nineteenth century mansion is believed locally to be a replica of the dwelling which Abner Pratt occupied when Consol to the Sandwich Islands in 1857. / This mansion, built in 1860 for a former United States Consul to Hawaii, combines exotic and domestic features into a unique whole. It also contains elaborate decorative paintings of the late 19th century. / A mid-19th century mansion of unique architectural character, reputedly modeled on Hawaiian prototypes, with many original features and notable painted decoration.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. EAST (FRONT) ELEVATION
2. EAST AND SOUTH ELEVATION
3. CENTER SECTION OF EAST ELEVATION, SHOWING ENTRANCE [Note: negative measures 4' x 5' while print measures 8' x 10']
4. GENERAL VIEW OF NORTH AND WEST FACADES [Note: negative measures 4' x 5' while print measures 8' x 10']
5. GENERAL INTERIOR VIEW OF NORTH ROOM, MAIN STORY [Note: negative measures 4' x 5' while print measures 8' X 10']
6. CEILING AND CORNICE DETAIL IN NORTH PARLOR [Note: negative measaures 4' x 5' while print measures 8' x 10']
7. GENERAL INTERIOR VIEW OF STAIR HALL AND MAIN STAIR
8. GENERAL INTERIOR VIEW OF STAIR LANDING ON SECOND FLOOR [Note: negative measures 4' x 5' while print measures 8' x 10']
Back to Marshall, Michigan