Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

Michigan

>

Lansing vicinity

>

Capital City Airport, North side of Grand River Avenue, Lansing, Clinton County, MI



Data Pages


Photo Caption Pages


Item Title


Location
North side of Grand River Avenue, Lansing vicinity, MI

Find maps of Lansing, MI


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1968.

Notes
Survey number HAER MI-320
Significance: The Capital City Regional Airport complex is significant for its diverse representation of the development of the airport industry. Aviation activity is represented from 1925, with the first official designation as an aviation field, until relocation of the terminal facilities in 1959, and continued development as a modern airport. The location is significant in Michigan aviation history as the site of the original administration offices for the Board of Aeronautics and for the role played during World War II in providing flight training for the Civilian Pilot Training Program.

Subjects
Airports


Collection
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)

Contents


Back to Lansing vicinity, Michigan