Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

Michigan

>

Lake Linden

>

Lindell Chocolate Shop, Calumet Avenue & Fourth Street, Lake Linden, Houghton County, MI



Data Pages


Item Title


Location
Calumet Avenue & Fourth Street, Lake Linden, MI

Find maps of Lake Linden, MI


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS MI-418
Building/structure dates: 1925 initial construction
Significance: Angelo Gekas and Bea Gekas have owned the chocolate shop since the 1940s. However, it was "Grammas and Pallis" who put the candy shop in the building. Their names are carved into the front stoop, a mark serving today as a reminder of their role in the shop's creation. Grammas and Panopallis owned the shop for fifteen years, from 1925 to 1940. Before the candy shop was built, the space was owned by the Bosch family; they ran it as a co-op store with a motor company (?) upstairs. Brend[en?] Sons Co. out of Green Bay, Wisconsin, did the interiors of the Lindell Chocolate Shop.

Subjects
Baking
Confectioneries
Eating & Drinking


Related Names
Grammas & Panopallis
Nicholas, Wendy, Historian
Harrington, Kevin, Historian


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents


Back to Lake Linden, Michigan