John W. O'Conner House, 160 Prairie Avenue, Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo County, MI
See 41 maps of this location
160 Prairie Avenue, Kalamazoo, MI
Find maps of Kalamazoo, MI
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS MI-406
Building/structure dates: 1922 initial construction
Significance: The house is a contributing structure in the Henderson Park/West Main Hill Historic District. This district is an early example of a "naturalistic" subdivision originally laid out in 1888 by Frank Henderson, a wealthy regalia manufacturer and developer.
O'Conner, John W.
Colman, Ben, Photographer
Henry, Irene Jackson, Historian
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
Back to Kalamazoo, Michigan