Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming


Home

>

Michigan

>

Hancock

>

Quincy Mining Company, Hancock, Houghton County, MI



B&W Photos

HB640752

HB640753

HB640754

HB640755

HB640756

HB640757

HB640758

HB640759

HB640760

HB640761

HB640762

HB640763

HB640764

HB640765

HB640766

HB640767

HB640768

HB640769

HB640770

HB640771

HB640772

HB640773

HB640774

HB640775

HB640776

HB640777

HB640778

HB640779

HB640780

HB640781

HB640782

HB640783

HB640784

HB640785

HB640786

HB640787

HB640788

HB640789

HB640790

HB640791

HB640792

HB640793

HB640794

HB640795

HB640796

HB640797

HB640798

HB640799

HB640800

HB640801

HB640802

HB640803

HB640804

HB640805

HB640806

HB640807

HB640808

HB640809

HB640810

HB640811

HB640812

HB640813

HB640814

HB640815

HB640816

HB640817

HB640818

HB640819

HB640820

HB640821

HB640822

HB640823

HB640824

HB640825

HB640826

HB640827

HB640828

HB640829

HB640830

HB640831

HB640832

HB640833

HB640834

HB640835

HB640836

HB640837

HB640838

HB640839

HB640840

HB640841

HB640842

HB640843

HB640844

HB640845

HB640846

HB640847

HB640848

HB640849

HB640850

HB640851

HB640852

HB640853

HB640854

HB640855

HB640856

HB640857

HB640858

HB640859

HB640860

HB640861

HB640862

HB640863

HB640864

HB640865

HB640866

HB640867

HB640868

HB640869

HB640870

HB640871

HB640872

HB640873

HB640874

HB640875

HB640876

HB640877

HB640878

HB640879

HB640880

HB640881

HB640882

HB640883

HB640884

HB640885

HB640886

HB640887

HB640888

HB640889

HB640890

HB640891

HB640892

HB640893

HB640894

HB640895

HB640896

HB640897

HB640898

HB640899

HB640900

HB640901

HB640902

HB640903

HB640904

HB640905

HB640906

HB640907

HB640908

HB640909

HB640910

HB640911

HB640912

HB640913

HB640914

HB640915

HB640916

HB640917

HB640918

HB640919

HB640920

HB640921

HB640922

HB640923

HB640924

HB640925

HB640926

HB640927

HB640928

HB640929

HB640930

HB640931

HB640932

HB640933

HB640934

HB640935

HB640936

HB640937

HB640938

HB640939

HB640940

HB640941

HB640942

HB640943

HB640944

HB640945

HB640946

HB640947

HB640948

HB640949

HB640950

HB640951

HB640952

HB640953

HB640954

HB640955

HB640956

HB640957

HB640958

HB640959

HB640960

HB640961

HB640962

HB640963

HB640964

HB640965

HB640966

HB640967

HB640968

HB640969

HB640970

HB640971

HB640972

HB640973

HB640974

HB640975

HB640976

HB640977

HB640978

HB640979

HB640980

HB640981

HB640982

HB640983

HB640984

HB640985

HB640986

HB640987

HB640988

HB640989

HB640990

HB640991

HB640992

HB640993

HB640994

HB640995

HB640996

HB640997

HB640998

HB640999

HB641000

HB641001

HB641002

HB641003

HB641004

HB641005

HB641006

HB641007

HB641008

HB641009

HB641010

HB641011

HB641012

HB641013

HB641014

HB641015

HB641016

HB641017

HB641018

HB641019

HB641020

HB641021

HB641022

HB641023

HB641024

HB641025

HB641026

HB641027


Data Pages


Drawings


Photo Caption Pages


Color Transparencies

Image not currently available to download
Please email us to
purchase this image.
Image not currently available to download
Please email us to
purchase this image.
Image not currently available to download
Please email us to
purchase this image.
Image not currently available to download
Please email us to
purchase this image.
Image not currently available to download
Please email us to
purchase this image.
Image not currently available to download
Please email us to
purchase this image.
Image not currently available to download
Please email us to
purchase this image.
Image not currently available to download
Please email us to
purchase this image.
Image not currently available to download
Please email us to
purchase this image.
Item Title


Location
Hancock, MI

Find maps of Hancock, MI


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1968.

Notes
Survey number HAER MI-2
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-1; FN-2; FN-3; FN-4; FN-5; FN-6A).
Building/structure dates: 1856 initial construction
National Register Number: 89001095
Significance: Quincy was Michigan's second largest copper producer, and one of national and international importance. The mine was extremely long-lived and profitable.

Subjects
Agriculture
War (World War I)
Fires


Related Names
Hastings, Eurotas P.
Hicks, James A.
March, Clement
Douglass, Christopher C.
Shelden, Ransom
Mason, Thomas F.


Collection
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)

Contents
Photograph caption(s): 
1. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'TRACING OF A GEOLOGICAL DIAGRAM OF QUINCY & HANCOCK LOCATIONS,' S. W. HILL, NOVEMBER 1859.
2. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'PLAN [AND PROFILE] OF THE OPEN CUT IN CONNECTION WITH THE GREAT QUINCY ADIT. FEBRUARY 1866.'
3. Photocopied July 1978. (HCHS) DETAIL OF QMC PORTION OF 'BIRD'S EYE VIEW OF RIPLEY, QUINCY, PEWABIC & FRANKLIN,' DRAWN AND PUBLISHED BY A. J. CLEVELAND IN 1873.
4. Photocopied July 1978. (HCHS) PORTION OF 'BIRD'S EYE VIEW OF RIPLEY, QUINCY, PEWABIC & FRANKLIN,' SHOWING QUINCY TRAMROAD, ROCKHOUSE, SHAFT AND ENGINE HOUSES, ETC.
5. Photocopied July 1978. 'PLAN OF UNDERGROUND WORKINGS OF THE QUINCY MINE AND A PORTION OF THE SURFACE DETAIL,' C.1905.
6. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'MAP OF QUINCY PROPERTY IN SECTIONS 13, 23, 24, 25, & 26,' C. 1900 WITH SOME LATER CHANGES. SHOWS PROPERTY PURCHASED AND ROUTES OF QMC SHAFTS.
7. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'QUINCY PROPERTY SECTIONS 13, 18, 23, 24,25, & 26,' C. 1910. SHOWS PROPERTY PURCHASES, SHAFT ROUTES, PLUS STOPED-OUT GROUND.
8. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) EARLIEST KNOWN PHOTOGRAPH OF QUINCY SHAFT-HOUSES, VIEW SHOWING NO. 1 WINZE AND NOS. 2-4 SHAFT-HOUSES. C. 1875.
9. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) FRANKLIN MINE, VIEW SHOWING OLD-STYLE SHAFT-HOUSES. C. 1895.
10. Photocopied July 1978. (MTU, Roy Drier Collection #00034) UNIDENTIFED MINE SITE SHOWING SHAFT-HOUSES SIMILAR TO THOSE USED AT QUINCY AND LOG HOUSES FOR WORKERS. C. 1880.
11. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) GROUP SHOT OF WORKERS POSED WITH NO. 2 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE IN BACKGROUND. NOTE THE LONE WOMAN IN THE PHOTO. C. 1895-1905.
12. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) VIEW SHOWING 1895 NO. 2 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE. C. 1900.
13. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) VIEW SHOWING 1895 NO. 2 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE. C. 1900.
14. Photocopied July 1978. (LGK) WINTER VIEW LOOKING NORTH OF NO.2 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE, CONSTRUCTED 1894-95. PHOTO TAKEN SOMETIME PRIOR TO 1908.
15. Photocopied July 1978. (LGK) ERECTION OF 1908 STEEL SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE; 1894 WOODEN STRUCTURE STILL STANDING.
16. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) CONSTRUCTION OF STEEL-FRAME NO. 2 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE. 1908.
17. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) VIEW SHOWING STEEL-FRAME NO. 2 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE WITH 1882 NO. 2 HOIST-HOUSE ON RIGHT. 1908.
18. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. EXTERIOR VIEW OF 1908 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE FROM THE HOIST-HOUSE SIDE.
19. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. EXTERIOR VIEW OF MASS-COPPER TUBE (FOREGROUND); STAMP ROCK BIN; AND PORTION OF BATTER BRACE. SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE NO. 2, 1908.
20. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. INTERIOR VIEW FROM GROUND FLOOR OF 1908 NO. 2 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE SHOWING SKIP ROADS. SHAFT OPENING HAS BEEN COVERED.
21. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. INTERIOR VIEW OF 1908 NO. 2 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE WHICH DETAILS THE SKIP ROAD LEADING UP FROM GROUND LEVEL. LEVER ON LEFT CONTROLS SLIDING TRACK SECTION AND ACTIVATES THE LOWEST SKIP DUMP.
22. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. HEAD SHEAVES ATOP THE 1908 NO. 2 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE.
23. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. 1908 NO. 2 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE. CABLE-BLOCKING MECHANISMS FOR HOLDING HOISTING ROPES WHILE CHANGING SKIPS.
24. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. 1908 NO. 2 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE SHOWING DROP HAMMER (LEFT) AND STEAM HAMMER (RIGHT) USED FOR CLEANING MASS AND BARREL COPPER.
25. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. INTERIOR VIEW OF 1908 NO. 2 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE SHOWING ROCK BIN AND SLIDE LEADING TO ROCK CRUSHER.
26. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. INTERIOR VIEW OF 1908 NO. 2 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE SHOWING ROCK BIN AND SLIDE LEADING TO ROCK CRUSHER.
27. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. ROCK CRUSHER IN 1908 NO. 2 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE.
28. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) VIEW SHOWING DISMANTLING OF OLD-STYLE NO. 4 SHAFT-HOUSE. 1895.
29. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 1895 NO. 4 SHOFT-HOUSE (FOREGROUND); 1895 NO. 2 SHAFT-ROCK-HOUSE IN THE DISTANCE.
30. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'PLAN OF NORTH-QUINCY ROCKHOUSE, 1892.' FLOOR PLANS AND ELEVATIONS OF EACH SIDE SHOWING STRUCTURAL FRAMING.
31. Photocopied July 1978. (LGK) VIEW LOOKING SOUTH OF NO. 6 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE WHILE UNDER CONSTRUCTION, SHOWING SCAFFOLDING AND LABORERS. 1892.
32. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) VIEW SHOWING OLD PEWABIC ENGINE HOUSE (C. 1865) IN THE FOREGROUND, AND THE NEW QMC NO. 6 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE IN THE DISTANCE. 1892.
33. Photocopied July 1978. (MTU, John F. Campbell Collection) VIEW LOOKING EAST SHOWING NO. 6 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE WHEN STRUCTURE WAS ERECTED. 1892.
34. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) STEAM HAMMER AT WORK CLEANING BARREl COPPER IN NO. 6 ROCKHOUSE. C. 1895-1900.
35. Photocopied July 1978. (MTU, John F. Campbell Collection) VIEW LOOKING NORTH SHOWING NO. 6 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE. NOTE STEEL BATTER BRACE THAT HAS BEEN ADDED. 1912.
36. Photocopied July 1978. SOUTH SIDE OF NO. 6 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE, ERECTED 1891-92. C. 1912-1915.
37. Photocopied July 1978. (LGK) VIEW LOOKING SOUTH SHOWING NO. 6 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE. 1920.
38. Photocopied July 1978. (LGK) WINTER VIEW SHOWING NO. 6 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE WITH MANY GABLES AND STEPPED CONSTRUCTION, BUILT 1892. C. 1932.
39. Photocopied July 1978. (MTU, Kenneth March Collection) VIEW LOOKING SOUTH SHOWING DELAPIDATED NO. 6 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE, BUILT 1892. JUNE 1948.
40. Photocopied July 1978. (LGK) VIEW LOOKING NORTH SHOWING NO. 7 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE. C. 1905.
41. Photocopied July 1978. NO. 7 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE AND HOIST HOUSE, BOTH BUILT 1898-1900. C. 1905
42. Photocopied July 1978. PHYSICAL PLANT AT NO. 8 SHAFT. BOILER/ENGINE HOUSE ON LEFT; SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE ON RIGHT.
43. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'NO. 8 ROCKHOUSE, QUINCY MINE. AUG. 1900.' ELEVATIONS AND PLANS.
44. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) (2 Negatives) 'NO. 8 ROCKHOUSE, QUINCY MINE. FEB. 20, 1905.' END (EAST) AND LONGITUDINAL (SOUTH) ELEVATIONS OF STRUCTURAL FRAMING.
45. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'ROCKHOUSE NO. 8, QUINCY MINE. JUNE 4, 1905.' SKELETAL VIEW SHOWING FRAMEWORK AND MACHINERY.
46. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'ROCKHOUSE NO. 8, QUINCY MINE. JAN. 15 - 06.' SKELETAL VIEW SHOWING FRAMEWORK AND MACHINERY.
47. Photocopied July 1978. (LGK) 1906 VIEW SHOWING MODIFICATIONS BEING MADE TO THE NO. 8 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE.
48. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) DETERIORATED OR PARTIALLY DISMANTLED NO. 9 SHAFT-HOUSE. C. 1930?
49. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) NO. 2 HOIST HOUSE JUST AFTER COMPLETION. C. 1895.
50. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) VIEW LOOKING NORTHWEST SHOWING NO. 2 HOIST HOUSE, BOILER, AND 1908 NO. 2 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE. 1910.
51. Photocopied July 1978. (LGK) INTERIOR VIEW OF NO. 2 HOIST HOUSE, SHOWING CRANK AND PORTION OF CYLINDRICAL DRUM ON E. P. ALLIS HOIST. C. 1900.
52. Photocopied July 1978. INTERIOR VIEW OF NO. 2 HOIST HOUSE, SHOWING E.P, ALLIS HOIST. BUILDING AND ENGINE ERECTED IN 1894-95. HOIST OPERATOR'S PLATFORM IN THE FOREGROUND. FROM ORIGINAL BELONGING TO THE MARQUETTE COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY. C. 1900.
53. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) INTERIOR VIEW OF NO. 2 ENGINE HOUSE, SHOWING E. P. ALLIS HOIST, INSTALLED IN 1895. TAIL GUIDE FOR SUPPORTING PISTON IN THE FOREGROUND. C. 1900. FROM ORIGINAL BELONGING TO THE MARQUETTE HISTORICAL SOCIETY.
54. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. VIEW FROM TOP OF 1908 NO. 2 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE LOOKING DOWN ON NO. 2 HOIST HOUSES AND NO. 5 BOILER HOUSE AND STACK.
55. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. EXTERIOR VIEW OF SOUTH ELEVATIONS OF 1895 NO. 2 HOIST HOUSE (LEFT) AND 1918 HOIST HOUSE WITH 1908 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE IN THE DISTANCE.
56. Photocopied July 1978. (LGK) INTERIOR VIEW OF LAST NO. 2 ENGINE HOUSE, SHOWING NORDBERG HOIST, FIRST OPERATED IN 1920. C. 1925.
57. Photocopied July 1978. (LGK) FRANK B. NANCARROW, QMC HOIST ENGINEER, AT THE CONTROLS OF THE 1920 NO. 2 NORDBERG HOIST. C. 1925.
58. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. INTERIOR VIEW OF NO. 2 HOIST HOUSE, SHOWING 1920 NORDBERG HOIST WITH HIGH PRESSURE CYLINDER IN FOREGROUND.
59. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. INTERIOR VIEW OF NO. 2 HOIST HOUSE, SHOWING 1920 NORDBERG HOIST WITH LOW PRESSURE CYLINDER IN FOREGROUND.
60. Jet Lowe, Photographer. July 1978. INTERIOR VIEW OF LAST NO. 2 HOIST HOUSE, FROM BENEATH HOISTING DRUM AND OPERATOR'S PLATFORM, SHOWING LILLY OVERRUN PROTECTOR (FOREGROUND), THROTTLE LEAKAGE (UPPER LEFT), HYDRAULIC CYLINDERS FOR BRAKE SYSTEM AND REVERSING GEAR.
61. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. INTERIOR VIEW OF NO. 2 HOIST HOUSE, SHOWING 1920 NORDBERG HOIST, HIGH PRESSURE CYLINDER IN FOREGROUND.
62. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. VIEW OF MINIATURE AND CONTROLS ON HOIST ENGINEERS PLATFORM, 1920 NORDBERG HOIST AT NO. 2 SHAFT.
63. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. RUINS OF SOUTH ELEVATION OF NO. 7 HOIST HOUSE BUILT IN 1898-1900.
64. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. RUINS OF NO. 7 HOIST HOUSE BUILT IN 1898-1900, SHOWING INTERIOR FOUNDATIONS AND PITS.
65. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. RUINS OF THE NO. 7 HOIST HOUSE, BUILT 1898-1900.
66. Photocopied July 1978. (LGK) UNIDENTIFIED HOIST HOUSE (BELIEVED TO BE QUINCY). VIEW SHOWING INTERIOR WITH CYLINDRICAL DRUM; ENGINEER'S PLATFORM AND MINIATURES.
67. Photocopied July 1978. INTERIOR VIEW OF ENGINE HOUSE (BELIEVED TO BE AT QUINCY), SHOWING DETAIL OF WINDING DRUM. C. 1900. FROM ORIGINAL BELONGING TO THE MARQUETTE HISTORICAL SOCIETY.
68. Photocopied July 1978. (LGK, John F. Campbell Collection) VIEW OF SOUTHEAST SIDE OF QMC ROCKHOUSE. SHOWS EITHER THE FIRST ROCKHOUSE, BUILT IN 1873; OR MORE LIKELY THE SECOND ONE BUILT IN 1880 (A REPLACEMENT DUE TO FIRE).
69. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) LABORERS POSED IN FRONT OF QUINCY'S ROCKHOUSE. C. 1875.
70. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) VIEW OF NO. 4 ROCKHOUSE, BUILT 1887. C. 1895.
71. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) VIEW SHOWING NO. 4 ROCKHOUSE (1887). NOTE TRAMROAD WHICH LED DOWN TO QMC STAMP MILL ON PORTAGE LAKE, AND OLD-STYLE NO. 4 SHAFT-HOUSE IN BACKGROUND. C. 1887-1890.
72. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) LOCOMOTIVE ENGINE HOUSE (1889) and NO. 4 ROCKHOUSE (1887).
73. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) WORK FORCE ASSEMBLED BEHIND THE HOIST HOUSE BETWEEN SHAFTS NO. 3 AND 4; MANY SITTING ATOP THE SNOWSHED OVER A TRAMROAD. C. 1875.
74. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) BLACKSMITHS OUTSIDE THEIR SHOP, BUILT C. 1860. ROCKHOUSE IS IN THE BACKGROUND ON THE FAR LEFT. C. 1875.
75. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) VIEW SHOWING (LEFT TO RIGHT) NORTH'S STORE (1900); BLACKSMITH SHOP (C. 1860, WITH ADDITIONS); AND DRYHOUSE (C. 1860, WITH ADDITIONS). C. 1905.
76. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. RUINS OF QUINCY DRYHOUSE OPPOSITE NO. 4, C. 1860 WITH MAJOR ADDITIONS.
77. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) VIEW LOOKING NORTH ALONG ROAD FROM FRONT OF MINE OFFICE. C.1900.
78. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) VIEW SHOWING 1895 NO. 4 SHAFT-HOUSE, 1882 NO. 4 BOILER HOUSE, AND 1882 NO. 4 HOIST HOUSE. C. 1895.
79. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) VIEW SHOWING (FROM LEFT TO RIGHT) COMPRESSOR BUILDING AND MACHINE SHOP; 1895 NO. 2 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE; 1882 NO. 4 BOILER HOUSE. C. 1895.
80. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) VIEW LOOKING FROM VICINTIY OF NO. 2 TOWARDS NO. 4, SHOWING NO. 4 BOILER HOUSE (1882), PARTIALLY OBSCURED NO. 4 SHAFT-HOUSE (1895), AND COMPRESSOR BUILDING (1881). C. 1900.
81. Photocopied July 1978. (MTU, #01028) VIEW LOOKING SOUTH FROM NO. 2 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE SHOWING NO. 4 SHAFT-HOUSE, BOILER SHOP, AND NUMEROUS RAIL LINES. C. 1900.
82. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. VIEW LOOKING SOUTHWARD FROM THE VICINITY OF NO. 2, SHOWING 1881 COMPRESSOR HOUSE IN FORE GROUND (LATER USED AS A DRYHOUSE); 1882 NO. 4 BOILER HOUSE.
83. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'NORTH QUINCY' OR NO. 6 PHYSICAL PLANT, TAKEN FROM A DISTANCE. C. 1892.
84. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) VIEW SHOWING NO. 6 BOILER HOUSE, NO. 6 COMPRESSOR BUILDING, AND NO. 6 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE (ALL BUILT 1891-92).
85. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 1892 NO. 6 COMPRESSOR HOUSE. C. 1895.
86. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) VIEW FROM NO. 2 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE, LOOKING NORTH TOWARDS NO. 6. C. 1915-1920.
87. Photocopted July 1978. (QMC) VIEW LOOKING NORTH, SHOWING NO. 6 DRY HOUSE, AND NO. 6 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE. C. 1915.
88. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) OLD PEWABIC BOILER/HOIST HOUSE REVAMPED IN 1907 TO SERVE AS QMC'S NO. 6 DRY HOUSE. C. 1910.
89. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. VIEW LOOKING SOUTHWARD FROM WASTE-ROCK PILE NEAR NO. 6, SHOWING: NO. 6 DRYHOUSE; IRON SHOP; BLACKSMITH SHOP; MACHINE SHOP; AND NO. 2 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE.
90. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) VIEW SHOWING (LEFT TO RIGHT) 1895 NO. 2 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE; 1893 SUPPLY BUILDING; AND 1893 CARPENTER SHOP. C. 1893.
91. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) SUPPLY OFFICE AND 1893 CARPENTER SHOP. C. 1895.
92. Photocopied July 1978. (LGK) VIEW OF QUINCY CARPENTER SHOP, CONSTRUCTED 1893.
93. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) NEW BLACKSMITH SHOP WITH NO. 2 BOILER HOUSE IN THE BACKGROUND. C. 1900.
94. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. NORTH ELEVATION OF BLACKSMITH SHOP, BUILT IN 1900.
95. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. EXTERIOR VIEW, NORTH ELEVATION, OF 1900 MACHINE SHOP.
96. Photocopied July 1978. INTERIOR VIEW OF QMC MACHINE SHOP, CONSTRUCTED IN 1900. C. 1900.
97. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. MAIN MOTOR DRIVE TO CENTRAL LINESHAFT IN 1900 MACHINE SHOP.
98. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. CENTRAL LINE SHAFT AND ROOF TRUSSING IN 1900 MACHINE SHOP.
99. Photocopied July 1978. PUMP HOUSE INSTALLED NEAR SITE OF ORIGINAL STAMP MILL ON PORTAGE LAKE. C. 1895.
100. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. PUMP HOUSE NEAR SITE OF ORIGINAL QUINCY STAMP MILL ON PORTAGE LAKE. IT PUMPED WATER TO THE MINE LOCATION. C. 1895.
101. Photocopied July 1978. (LGK) QMC LOCOMOTIVE AT WATERTOWN NEAR THE MINE'S ROUNDHOUSE. C. 1910-1915.
102. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) MASS COPPER LOADED ON MINERAL RANGE RAILROAD FLATCAR. C. 1895-1900.
103. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. EAST ELEVATION OF LOCOMOTIVE ENGINE HOUSE, CONSTRUCTED IN 1889 WITH LATER ADDITIONS.
104. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. QMC LOCOMOTIVES AT MINE LOCATION.
105. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. DETERIORATED RAIL CARS AT MINE LOCATION.
106. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. RESIDENCE AT MINE LOCATION. BELIEVED TO HAVE ORIGINALLY SERVED AS THE ASSAY OFFICE, BUILT IN 1897.
107. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. RUINS OF NO. 7 BOILER HOUSE BUILDING, BUILT 1898.
108. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. RUINS OF NO. 7 BOILER HOUSE (1898).
109. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'BOILER AND ENGINE HOUSE NO. 8 FOR QUINCY MINING CO. - HANCOCK, MICH., JULY 29, '05.'
110. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'CHANGING HOUSE FOR QUINCY NO. 8 SHAFT, JAN. 1910.' NORTH, EAST AND WEST ELEVATIONS.
111. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) CHANGING HOUSE, JANUARY, 1910. FIRST, SECOND FLOOR PLANS AND TRANSVERSE SECTION.
112. Photocopied July 1978. (MTU, #01062) UNDERGROUND VIEW OF MEN RIDING QMC MAN-ENGINE WITH MINING CAPTAIN (IN WHITE) STANDING ON THE RIGHT. C. 1890.
113. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) VIEW OF MAN-ENGINE RODS AND SHAFT. C. 1890.
114. Photocopied July 1978. (MTU, Roy Drier Collection) MINERS READY TO DESCEND IN A QUINCY MAN-CAR. C. 1902.
115. Photocopied July 1978. (MTU, Roy Drier Collection) MINERS READY TO DESCEND IN A QUINCY MAN-CAR. C. 1900.
116. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) DRAWING OF 'SKIP-GATE AND CHUTE'. SHOWS CHUTE LEADING FROM UNDERGROUND STORAGE BIN AND THE MANNER OF DROPPING THE SKIP'S REAR WHEELS IN ORDER TO TIP THE MOUTH OF THE SKIP UP, SO THAT IT CAN BE FILLED TO CAPACITY MORE READILY. C. 1904.
117. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'PROPOSED LOADING POCKET FOR TEN TON SKIP, NOV. 29, 1916.'
118. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. ROCK-SKIP AT QMC LOCATION; LARGE WHEEL IS NOT ORIGINAL.
119. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. WATER-SKIP, LARGELY WOODEN CONSTRUCTION, USED FOR BAILING WATER FROM MINE. WATER-SKIPS HAD 1300-1600 GALLON CAPACITY.
120. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) UNDERGROUND VIEW SHOWING ELECTRIC HAULAGE LOCOMOTIVE IN A DRIFT. FOOT WALL ON LEFT; HANGING WALL ON RIGHT. C. 1920.
121. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) UNDERGROUND VIEW OF TWO MINERS READY TO BLAST. C. 1920.
122. Photocopied July 1978. (MTU, John F. Campbell Collection) UNDERGROUND VIEW OF SKIP-LOADING. CAPT. MAUNDER ON LEFT.
123. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) UNDERGROUND VIEW SHOWING MINERS CUTTING MASS COPPER BY HAND. NOTE CANDLES USED FOR ILLUMINATION. MINING CAPTAIN IN WHITE. C. 1890.
124. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) UNDERGROUND VIEW OF THREE MINERS CUTTING MASS COPPER BY HAND. C. 1890.
125. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) UNDERGROUND VIEW OF MINER PERCHED ON MASS COPPER. NOTE THE CANDLE AND COMPRESSED-AIR LINE. C. 1890.
127. Photocopied July 1978. EMERGENCY CREW (FIRE-FIGHTERS) READY TO DESCEND IN MAN-CAR AT NO. 6 SHAFT. NOTE ROCK-SKIP SUSPENDED OUT OF THE WAY. JULY 1927.
128. Photocopied July 1978. EMERGENCY TEAM PREPARING TO GO DOWN AND INSPECT FIRE DAMAGE VIA THE MAN-CAR AT NO. 2 SHAFT. JULY 1927.
129. Photocopied July 1978. UNDERGROUND CHUTE MADE BY BUILDING DRY WALLS THROUGH AN OLD STOPE. 1927.
130. Photocopied July 1978. 'CAR NO. 8 PARKED AT QUINCY NO. 2 SHAFT.' CAR NO. 8 CARRIED BUREAU OF MINES EMERGENCY TEAM TO QUINCY TO HELP FIGHT AN UNDERGROUND FIRE. JULY 1927.
131. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) PORTRAIT OF THOMAS F. MASON, PRESIDENT OF QMC.
132. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) THOMAS MASON.
133. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) PRESIDENT WILLIAM ROGERS TODD.
134. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) WILLIAM ROGERS TODD.
135. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) W. PARSONS TODD IN THE NEW YORK OFFICE. C. 1925.
136. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) CHAS. LAWTON, MINE AGENT.
137. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) AWARD WON BY QMC FOR ITS PRODUCTS EXHIBITED AT THE COLUMBIAN EXHIBITION, 1892.
138. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) GOLD MEDAL AWARD WON BY QMC FOR ITS COPPER PRODUCTS AT THE ST. LOUIS EXPOSITION, 1904.
139. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) VIEW OF STAMP MILL ON PORTAGE LAKE. C. 1875.
140. Photocopied July 1978. (HCHS) VIEW OF HILLSIDE BETWEEN HANCOCK AND MINE LOCATION, SHOWING ROOF OF STAMP MILL ON PORTAGE LAKE. C. 1870.
141. Photocopied July 1978, (HCHS) DETAIL OF QUINCY STAMP MILL; PORTION OF 1873 BIRD'S-EYE VIEW OF HANCOCK, MICHIGAN PUBLISHED BY A. J. CLEVELAND.
142. Photocopied July 1978. (HCHS) PORTION OF 1881 BIRD'S-EYE VIEW OF HANCOCK, MICHIGAN SHOWING QMC STAMP MILL.
143. Photocopied July 1978. (HCHS) BIRD'S-EYE VIEW OF HANCOCK, MICHIGAN DRAWN IN 1890. SHOWS QMC STAMP MILL, TRAMROAD, AND HILLTOP LOCATION.
144. Photocopied July 1978. (HCHS) R. ACTON PHOTOGRAPH OF DOUBLE-TRACKED TRAMWAY FROM MINE TO STAMP MILL ON PORTAGE LAKE. C. 1885.
145. Photocopied July 1978. NO. 1 MILL, BUILT 1890, SIDE VIEW LOOKING NORTH.
146. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) NO. 1 MILL, VIEW FROM TORCH LAKE. ALSO SHOWS BOILER HOUSE AND PUMP HOUSE. C. 1890s.
147. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) NO. 1 MILL, VIEW FROM TORCH LAKE, SHOWING ADDITION TO PUMP AND BOILER HOUSE. (TAKEN SOMETIME AFTER PHOTO #146). C. 1890s.
148. Photocopied July 1978. (MTU, #00894) VIEW OF NO. 1 MILL AND NO. 1 PUMP AND BOILER HOUSE, BOTH BUILT IN 1890. C. 1890s. COPY OF ISLER PHOTOGRAPH.
149. Photocopied July 1978. (MTU, #00880) VIEW, LOOKING NORTH, OF QMC MILL NO. 1 TAKEN FROM THE LAUNDER. C. 1890s. COPY OF ISLER PHOTOGRAPH.
150. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) EARLY 1890s PHOTOGRAPH TAKEN FROM THE REAR OF THE NO. 1 MILL, SHOWING TRESTLE-WORK. BOILER/PUMP HOUSE, DOCK AND TORCH LAKE IN THE BACKGROUND.
151. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) INTERIOR VIEW OF THE QUINCY MILL, SHOWING TOP OF STEAM STAMP. C. 1890-1910.
152. Photocopied July 1978. (MTU, #00429, Roy Drier Collection) VIEW OF ALLIS STEAM-STAMP AT QMC MILL. C. 1890.
153. Photocopied July 1978. (MTU, #00383, Roy Drier Collection) VIEW OF STEAM-STAMP IN QUINCY MILL. 1911.
154. Photocopied July 1978. (MTU, #00892) INTERIOR VIEW OF FEED FLOOR AT QMC MILL, SHOWING POSITION OF STEAM-STAMP.
155. Photocopied July 1978. (MTU, #00885) INTERIOR VIEW OF FEED FLOOR SHOWING STAMP AT QMC MILL.
156. Photocopied July 1978. (MTU, #00890) MORTAR BLOCKS AT QMC MILL.
157. Photocopied July 1978. (MTU, #00887) VIEW OF SLIME BUDDLES AT QMC MILL.
158. Photocopied July 1978. (MTU, #00888) COLLOM JIGS AT THE QUINCY MILL. C. 1890s. COPY OF ISLER PHOTOGRAPH.
159. Photocopied July 1978. (MTU, #00136, Roy Drier Collection) INTERIOR VIEW OF WASH FLOOR. C. 1900.
160. Photocopied July 1978. (MTU, #00663, Roy Drier Collection) VIEW OF WASH FLOOR WITH JIGS AT QMC MILL. C. 1911
161. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. RUINS OF QUINCY MILL; REINFORCED CONCRETE WITH BRICK IN-FILL.
162. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. RUINS OF QMC STAMP MILL WITH TORCH LAKE IN THE BACKGROUND AND DREDGE IN UPPER RIGHT CORNER.
163. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. RUINS OF STEAM-TURBINE BUILDING AT QMC MILL, BUILT 1921.
164. Photocopied July 1978. VIEW OF STEAM-TURBINE BUILDING AT STAMP MILL. BUILDING CONSTRUCTED IN 1921 TO USE EXHAUST STEAM TO GENERATE ELECTRICITY. C. 1925.
165. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) VIEW (LEFT TO RIGHT) OF COAL HOIST, NO. 2 BOILER AND PUMP HOUSES AT QMC STAMP MILL ON TORCH LAKE. C. 1900.
166. Photocopied July 1978. (LGK) VIEW OF NO. 1 PUMP AND BOILER HOUSE, BUILT 1890. c. 1890s.
167. Photocopied July 1978. (MTU, #00893) BOILER ROOM AT QMC MILL.
168. Photocopied July 1978. (MTU, #00425, Roy Drier Collection) VIEW OF WORTHINGTON PUMP AT QMC MILL C. 1911.
169. Photocopied July 1978. (LGK) COAL-HANDLING EQUIPMENT AT QMC MILL.
170. Photocopied July 1978. (MTU, #00422, Roy Drier Collection) INCLINE AND COAL-HANDLING EQUIPMENT AT QMC MILL.
171. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) VIEW LOOKING NORTH OF STAMP MILL, SHOWING CARPENTER SHOP, BLACKSMITH SHOP, AND RESIDENCES AT BUNKER HILL. C. 1890.
172. Photocopied July 1978, (LGK) VIEW SHOWING CUPOLA BUILDING (LEFT) AND REVERBERATORY FURNACE BUILDING (RIGHT) AT QUINCY SMELTER. C. 1898.
173. Photocopied July 1978. (LGK) WINTER VIEW OF QMC SMELTER (OPENED 1898) AS SEEN FROM HOUGHTON, ACROSS PORTAGE LAKE. C. 1900.
174. Photocopied July 1978. (LGK) EARLY 20TH CENTURY VIEW OF QUINCY SMELTER WITH QUINCY HILL IN THE BACKGROUND, AS SEEN FROM HOUGHTON, ACROSS PORTAGE LAKE.
175. Photocopied July 1978. (HCHS) VIEW OF QUINCY SMELTER TAKEN FROM ACROSS PORTAGE LAKE. C. 1905.
176. Photocopied July 1978. (LGK) VIEW FROM HILLTOP LOOKING DOWN ON QMC SMELTER. C. 1910.
177. Photocopied July 1978. (LGK) VIEW OF QUINCY SMELTER WITH ASSAY OFFICE IN FOREGROUND; CUPOLA BUILDING AND QUINCY HILL IN THE BACKGROUND. C. 1900.
178. Photocopied July 1978. (LGK) EARLY 20TH CENTURY VIEW OF COPPER 'CAKES' READY TO BE SHIPPED FROM QUINCY SMELTER.
179. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. VIEW OF QUINCY SMELTER AS SEEN FROM THE HOUGHTON SIDE OF PORTAGE LAKE. CUPOLA BUILDING ON LEFT WITH STACK; REVERBERATION FURNACE IN CENTER WITH STACK.
180. Jet Lowe, Photographer July 1978. VIEW FROM SLAG DUMP OF (LEFT TO RIGHT) RAILROAD WAREHOUSE (1901); BRIQUETTING PLANT (1906); CUPOLA BUILDING (1898) AND MACHINE SHOP (1907).
181. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. VIEW OF WEST END OF SMELTER COMPLEX, SHOWING (LEFT TO RIGHT) COOPER SHOP(1898); LUMBER SHED (C. 1917); COOPER STOCKHOUSE (1898) AND MACHINE SHOP (1907).
182. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. VIEW FROM EAST END OF SMELTER COMPLEX, SHOWING (LEFT TO RIGHT) DOCKSIDE WAREHOUSE (1898); REVERBERATORY FURNACE BUILDING (1898); AND CASTING PLANT (1920).
183. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. VIEW FROM THE EAST. EMBANKMENT LEADING TO MINERAL HOUSE (1904). CASTING PLANT (1920) ON LEFT; RAILROAD WAREHOUSE ON RIGHT.
184. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. VIEW FORM SLAG DUMP ALONG TRESTLE TO CUPOLA BUILDING.
185. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. SOUTH ELEVATIONS OF (LEFT TO RIGHT) BOILER BUILDING (1919); CUPOLA BUILDING (1898); PUMP HOUSE ADDITION, BEHIND TRESTLE (1906); BRIQUETTING PLANT (1906).
186. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'BLAST FURNACE, QUINCY SMELTER, HANCOCK, MICH.' DETAILS, ELEVATIONS AND PLAN.
188. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. INTERIOR VIEW OF REAR OF CUPOLA BUILDING, SHOWING ALLIS CHALMERS STEAM ENGINE (C. 1898) AND MOTOR-GENERATOR SET.
189. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. INTERIOR VIEW OF REAR OF CUPOLA BUILDING, SHOWING 1898 ALLIS-CHALMERS STEAM ENGINE.
190. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. INTERIOR VIEW OF 1906 PUMP HOUSE ADDITION, SHOWING WORTHINGTON STEAM-POWERED WATER PUMPS.
191. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. INTERIOR VIEW OF 1906 PUMP HOUSE ADDITION, SHOWING RAND DRILL CO. STEAM-DRIVEN AIR COMPRESSOR WITH TANDEM CYLINDERS.
192. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. SOUTH ELEVATION OF REVERBERATORY FURNACE BUILDING (1898), SHOWING MODIFIED ROOF LINE.
193. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'QUINCY SMELTING WORKS, HANCOCK, MICH., NOV. 2ND, 1915'. CROSS-SECTION OF BOSH. MOULD BEFORE AND AFTER DUMPING.
194. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. SOUTH ELEVATION OF BRIQUETTING PLANT (1906) WITH TRESTLE IN FOREGROUND.
195. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'QUINCY SMELTING WORKS, HANCOCK, MICH. BRIQUETTING BUILDING.' DRAWING # 1: 'SECTIONS, MAY 17, '06' DRAWING # 2: 'SECTIONS LOOKING TOWARDS BINS, MAY 23, '06.'
196. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'QUINCY SMELTING WORKS, HANCOCK, MICH., BRIQUETTING BUILDING, MAY 25, '06.' LONGITUDINAL SECTION; WEST, SOUTH AND NORTH ELEVATIONS. (TWO DRAWINGS)
197. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'QUINCY SMELTING WORKS, HANCOCK, MICH. CRUSHING PLANT, GENERAL ARRANGEMENT, DEC. 16, 1919.' SECTIONS AND ELEVATIONS.
198. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'QUINCY SMELTING WORKS, HANCOCK, MICH., LIMESTONE BINS, MAY 31, 1906.' SECTIONS.
199. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. WEST ELEVATION OF MINERAL HOUSE, BUILT 1904.
200. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'MINERAL HOUSE FOR THE QUINCY SMELTING CO., SOUTH-SIDE ELEVATION,' 1904.
201. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'MINERAL HOUSE FOR THE QUINCY SMELTING COMPANY, END ELEVATION. 4-18-04.'
202. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'MINERAL HOUSE FOR QUINCY SMELTING COMPANY. SECTION ON A-A. 4-20-04.'
203. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. EXTERIOR VIEW OF SMELTER (LEFT TO RIGHT) 1898 REVERBERATORY FURNACE BUILDING; REVERBERATORY FURNACE BUILDING (1904); AND CASTING PLANT (1920).
204. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978 SEMI-AUTOMATIC CASTING MACHINERY IN 1920 CASTING BUILDING.
205. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. SEMI-AUTOMATIC CASTING MACHINERY IN 1920 CASTING BUILDING.
206. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'QUINCY SMELTING WORKS, HANCOCK, MICH., PROPOSED MECHANICAL CASTING PLANT, MAY 17, 1914.' PLAN, SECTIONS, AND MACHINERY ELEVATIONS.
207. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'QUINCY SMELTING WORKS, HANCOCK, MICH., CASTING BUILDING. PROPOSED ALTERATIONS TO CASTING MACHINERY. JUNE 10, 1910.
208. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'QUINCY SMELTING WORKS. HANCOCK, MICH., MACHINE SHOP. SEPT. 25, 1907.' SECTION, ELEVATIONS AND DETAILS.
209. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'QUINCY SMELTING WORKS, HANCOCK, MICH., SCALE BUILDING FOR TWO 6-TON SCALES. OCT. 22, 1907.' SECTIONS, ELEVATIONS AND DETAILS.
210. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. CHARCOAL HOUSE (1898) ON LEFT; ASSAY OFFICE (1898 WITH 1908 ADDITION) ON RIGHT.
211. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978 NORTH ELEVATIONS OF (LEFT TO RIGHT) ASSAY OFFICE (1898 WITH 1908 ADDITION) AND CHARCOAL HOUSE (1898).
212. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. EAST ELEVATION OF SMELTER'S 1898 DOCKSIDE WAREHOUSE.
213. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. WEST ELEVATION OF DOCKSIDE WAREHOUSE (1898 WITH A DRY HOUSE ADDITION, 1916).
214. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. VIEW ALONG TRESTLE FOR ELECTRIC TROLLEY LEADING FROM REVERBERATORY FURNACE BUILDING TO SLAG DUMP.
215. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. SMELTER OFFICE BUILDING, BUILT 1898.
216. Photocopied July 1898. (QMC) 'PLAN, WAREHOUSE QUINCY SMELTS., AUG. 1902.' PLAN, ELEVATIONS, DETAIL SECTIONS AND SKELETAL VIEWS.
217. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) VIEW LOOKING NORTH, SHOWING OLD MINE OFFICE ON LEFT, NEARLY COMPLETED MINE OFFICE ON RIGHT.
218. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) VIEW SHOWING NEW MINE OFFICE NEARING COMPLETION BESIDE OLD OFFICE. VIEW LOOKING SOUTH.
219. Photocopied July 1978. (MTU, Roy Drier Collection) VIEW OF FRONT ELEVATION OF QMC COMPANY OFFICE BUILDING, COMPLETED IN 1897. 1911.
220. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. COMPANY OFFICE, BUILT 1897.
221. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) QMC MINING OFFICE. ROBERT C. WALSH, ARCHITECT, C. 1895. SHEET #1, FRONT ELEVATION. BUILT IN 1896 NEXT TO OLD (1864) OFFICE. NOTE PEDIMENT LIGHT WAS NOT BUILT AS SHOWN.
222. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) QMC MINING OFFICE. ROBERT C. WALSH, ARCHITECT. C. 1895. SHEET #2, NORTH SIDE ELEVATION.
223. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) QMC MINING OFFICE. ROBERT C. WALSH, ARCHITECT. C. 1895. SHEET # 3, SECOND FLOOR PLAN.
224. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) QMC MINING OFFICE. ROBERT C. WALSH, ARCHITECT. C. 1895. SHEET #4, FIRST FLOOR PLAN.
225. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) QMC AGENT'S HOUSE. C. 1890.
226. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) WINTER VIEW OF QMC AGENT'S HOUSE. C. 1900.
227. Photocopied July 1978. (LGK) WINTER VIEW OF QMC AGENT'S HOUSE, BUILT C. 1881-82.
228. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. QMC AGENT'S HOUSE (C. 1881). FRONT AND NORTH ELEVATIONS.
229. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. PORCH AND DOORWAY OF AGENT'S HOUSE, CONSTRUCTED C. 1881.
230. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. CAPTAIN WHITTLE'S HOUSE (1899). OTHER OFFICIALS LATER OCCUPIED THE HOUSE.
231. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) MINING CAPTAIN WHITTLE'S HOUSE, MAY 19, 1899, DWELLING HOUSE NO. 62. FRONT AND SIDE ELEVATION. FIRST, SECOND, BASEMENT PLAN DETAILS; CONSTRUCTION PLANS. LOCATED SECOND HOUSE NORTH SIDE OF QMC MINING OFFICE.
232. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'CLERK'S HOUSE, QUINCY MINE, 1890.' FRONT ELEVATION, FIRST AND SECOND FLOOR PLANS. LOCATED ON LOT SOUTH OF QMC MINING OFFICE.
233. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'PLANS AND ELEVATIONS OF DOCTOR'S HOUSE. QUINCY MINE. AUG. 1901.' ILLUSTRATES ALTERATIONS TO AN EXISTING BUILDING. LOCATED WEST SIDE OF ROUTE 41, SOUTH OF QMC OFFICE.
234. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. MINING CAPTAIN'S OFFICE NEAR NO. 6 IN FOREGROUND; 1908 NO. 2 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE IN REAR.
235. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) VIEW SHOWING TENTS FOR NATIONAL GUARDSMEN SET UP DURING STRIKE NEAR NO. 2 SHAFT. 1913 OR 1914.
236. Photocopied July 1978. HOUSING AT 'BUNKER HILL' FOR STAMP MILL WORKERS. C. 1900.
237. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) VIEW FROM NO. 2 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE OF 'LIMERICK', FIRST ESTABLISHED C. 1865. SEARS-ROEBUCK HOUSES IN MIDDLE-DISTANCE (1917). WATER TOWER (1916). C. 1925.
238. Photocopied July 1978, courtesy LGK and N. Eilertsen. VIEW FROM NO. 6 SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE LOOKING OVER FRANKLIN LOCATION WITH QUINCY'S 'BACKSTREET' NEIGHBORHOOD IN THE MIDDLE-DISTANCE, LEFT. C. 1920.
239. Photocopied July 1978, courtesy LGK and N. Eilertsen. VIEW FROM SHAFT-ROCKHOUSE OVERLOOKING 'LOWER PEWABIC' WITH TELESCOPE HOUSES BUILT 1899-1900 AND SEARS-ROEBUCK HOUSES, BUILT 1917. C. 1920.
240. Photocopied July 1978. VIEW OF SEARS-ROEBUCK HOUSES (1917) IN LOWER PEWABIC. C. 1930.
241. Photocopied July 1978. SALT-BOX HOUSES (DUPLEXES) AT QUINCY MILL (?).
242. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. SEARS-ROEBUCK HOUSES AT MINE LOCATION, LOWER PEWABIC, BUILT 1917.
243. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) SEARS-ROEBUCK & CO. FURNISHED DRAWING, FRONT ELEVATION, 6-14-17, SHEET #1. TWO HOUSES OF THIS TYPE WERE BUILT IN LOWER PEWABIC, TWO AT PEWABIC AND ONE AT MESNARD IN 1917. QMC DOUBLE HOUSE.
244. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) SEARS-ROEBUCK & CO. FURNISHED DRAWING, LEFT AND RIGHT SIDE ELEVATIONS, 6-14-17, SHEET #2. QMC DOUBLE HOUSE.
245. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) SEARS-ROEBUCK & CO., FURNISHED DRAWING, REAR ELEVATION, 6-14-17, SHEET #3. QMC DOUBLE HOUSE.
246. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) SEARS-ROEBUCK & CO., FURNISHED DRAWING, FIRST FLOOR PLAN, 6-14-17, SHEET #4. QMC DOUBLE HOUSE.
247. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) SEARS-ROEBUCK & CO., FURNISHED DRAWING, FRONT AND SIDE ELEVATIONS, 6-15-17, SHEET #1 OF 3. FORTY HOUSES OF THIS TYPE WERE BUILT IN 1917:9 AT MESNARD, 19 AT LOWER PEWABIC, 3 AT PEWABIC, 2 AT LIMERICK, 3 AT FRENCHTOWN, 3 AT THE SIDE-HILL ADDITION, 1 AT SING-SING. QMC SINGLE HOUSES.
248. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) SEARS-ROEBUCK & CO., FURNISHED DRAWING, FIRST AND SECOND FLOOR PLANS, 6-16-17, SHEET #3. QMC SINGLE HOUSE.
249. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) DRAWING OF SINGLE-FAMILY DWELLING AT 'QUINCY MINE. JULY 26TH, 1899.' BASEMENT, FIRST AND SECOND FLOOR PLANS AND ELEVATION.
250. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'BOARDING HOUSE, APRIL 1917.' POSSIBLY BUILT AT MESNARD.
251. Photocopied July 1978. (LGK, John F. Campbell Collection) NO. 8 BOARDING HOUSE NEAR FRANKLIN SCHOOL.
252. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. HOUSE AT MINE LOCATION ON THE ROAD TO CALUMET, OPPOSITE NO. 6.
253. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. COMPANY HOUSE AT STAMP MILL WITH RECLAMATION PLANT IN THE BACKGROUND.
254. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. SALT-BOX HOUSE AT MASON.
255. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. THREE COMPANY HOUSES AT STAMP MILL LOCATION (MASON).
256. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. COMPANY HOUSE AT MINE LOCATION ALONG THE ROAD TO CALUMET.
257. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. COMPANY HOUSE.
258. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. COMPANY HOUSE.
259. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. COMPANY HOUSE.
260. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. COMPANY HOUSE.
261. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. COMPANY HOUSE.
262. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. COMPANY HOUSE.
263. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. COMPANY HOUSE.
264. Photocopied July 1978, courtesy LGK and N. Eilertsen. BATH HOUSE (OR 'CLUB HOUSE'). C. 1916-17.
265. Jet Lowe, Photographer, July 1978. SOUTH ELEVATION OF QUINCY BATH HOUSE (OR CLUB HOUSE), BUILT 1916-1917. LATER SERVED AS A SCHOOL.
266. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) BATH HOUSE, CHAS. W. MAASS, ARCHITECT, 1916, SHEET #1, FRONT ELEVATION.
267. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) BATH HOUSE, NORTH AND SOUTH ELEVATIONS, CROSS-SECTION AND DETAILS, SHEET #2. 1916.
268. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'BATH HOUSE FOR THE QUINCY MINING CO., HANCOCK, MICH.' GROUND FLOOR PLAN AND DETAILS, SHEET #4.
269. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'BATH HOUSE FOR THE QUINCY MINING CO., HANCOCK, MICH., SECOND FLOOR PLAN AND DETAILS, SHEET #5, MAY 16, 1916.
270. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) NORTH'S STORE, BUILT 1900. C. 1900.
271. Photocopied July 1978. (MTU, Roy Drier Collection) VIEW OF FRONT ELEVATION OF PEWABIC METHODIST CHURCH.
272. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) EARLY 20TH CENTURY PHOTOGRAPH OF QMC DISPENSARY.
273. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) 'DISPENSARY, AUG. 29, 1921.' FIRST AND SECOND FLOOR PLANS. DRAWN FROM THREE EARLIER DRAWINGS, 1917-21. LOCATED WEST OF ROUTE 41, BEHIND DOCTOR'S HOUSE.
274. Photocopied July 1978. (LGK) QUINCY SCHOOL NEAR 'FRENCHTOWN'.
275. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) QUINCY SCHOOL NEAR 'FRENCHTOWN'.
276. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) FLOOR PLANS AND FRONT ELEVATION OF THE QUINCY SCHOOL (C. 1895), SHOWING ADDITION TO ORIGINAL STRUCTURE, BUILT C. 1867. BURNED IN 1927.
277. Photocopied July 1978. (QMC) QMC SCHOOL AT MASON.
278. Photocopied July 1978. NOTICE TO MINE EMPLOYEES, CITIZENS AND NON-CITIZENS, ADVISING THEM OF ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR AND PROPER SHOP PRACTICES DURING WARTIME. WRITTEN IN SIX LANGUAGES. C. 1918.


Back to Hancock, Michigan