Chrysler Corporation, Office & Display Building, 12200 East Jefferson Avenue, Detroit, Wayne County, MI
See 31 maps of this location
12200 East Jefferson Avenue, Detroit, MI
Find maps of Detroit, MI
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER MI-24-B
Significance: Albert Kahn designed this building, which was completed in 1933. The first floor served as a show room for the Chrysler, Plymouth, and DeSoto lines from 1933 until the early 1960s, when Chrysler converted the space into offices. The second floor was a general sales office for most of the life of the building. This is an excellent example of the art moderne style.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
Back to Detroit, Michigan