Chrysler Corporation, 12200 East Jefferson Avenue, Detroit, Wayne County, MI
See 40 maps of this location
12200 East Jefferson Avenue, Detroit, MI
Find maps of Detroit, MI
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER MI-24
Significance: The Chrysler Jefferson Avenue Plant was the southern anchor of the Jefferson/Conner industrial district of Detroit and was the district's largest and oldest factory complex. Albert Kahn designed the reinforced-concrete factory buildings constructed here in 1908-1918, as well as most of the other industrial buildings in this district built in the 1910s and 1920s.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
Back to Detroit, Michigan