William Pepperrell House, State Route 103, Kittery Point, York County, ME
See 45 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
State Route 103, Kittery Point, ME
Find maps of Kittery Point, ME
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS ME-128
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-65).
Building/structure dates: 1682 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1720 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1849 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1945 subsequent work
Significance: Structure and interior finish in good state of preservation or accurately restored. Long association with notable owners and visitors.
"Mission 66" Program
Pepperrell, Col. William
Cutts, Thomas D.
Bellamy, Charles G.
Frost , H. Martin
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. SOUTH FRONT, ELEVATION
2. SOUTH FRONT AND EAST SIDE
3. NORTH REAR AND EAST SIDE
4. WEST SIDE
5. DETAIL, SOUTH FRONT, ENTRANCEWAY
6. DETAIL, NORTH REAR, ENTRANCEWAY
7. INTERIOR, FIRST FLOOR, PARLOR, FIREPLACE WALL (NORTH WALL)
8. INTERIOR, FIRST FLOOR, PARLOR, EAST WALL
9. INTERIOR, FIRST FLOOR, DINING ROOM, FIREPLACE WALL (NORTH WALL)
10. INTERIOR, FIRST FLOOR, LIBRARY/STUDY, FIREPLACE WALL (SOUTH WALL)
11. INTERIOR, FIRST FLOOR, STAIRHALL, LOOKING NORTH
12. INTERIOR, VIEW LOOKING SOUTH FROM THE STAIR LANDING TO SECOND FLOOR HALL
13. INTERIOR, VIEW LOOKING NORTH FROM SECOND FLOOR HALL TO STAIR LANDING
14. INTERIOR, DETAIL, STAIRCASE BALUSTRADE AND UNDERSIDE OF STEPS
15. INTERIOR, DETAIL, ATTIC, ROOF FRAMING
Back to Kittery Point, Maine