Hallowell Mill, Hallowell, Kennebec County, ME
Photo Caption Pages
Find maps of Hallowell, ME
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER ME-2
Building/structure dates: 1844 initial construction
Significance: The Hallowell Mill was originally used for the manufacture of cotton goods; later it was used by various other industries. It is one of Hallowell's most prominent buildings and is a contributing architectural element in the Hallowell National Register Historic District.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. Steam Room interior, first floor, SE view.
2. Steam Room interior, second floor, SW view.
3. Steam Roan interior, third floor, SW view.
4. Mill, exterior, SE view.
5. Steam Room exterior, SW view.
6. Steam Room exterior, SW view.
7. Steam Room exterior, SW view.
Back to Hallowell, Maine