Hampton, Cow Barn, 537 1/2 Saint Francis Road, Towson, Baltimore County, MD
See 37 maps of this location
537 1/2 Saint Francis Road, Towson, MD
Find maps of Towson, MD
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS MD-226-H
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-67).
Building/structure dates: 1843
Building/structure dates: 1962 demolished
Significance: This building was typical of a large barn structure which was enlarged and adapted to various needs over a long period of time. It was the largest single structure of the Hampton outbuildings and provided space for cattle, milking, hay storage, and farm vehicle storage.
"Mission 66" Program
Mehring, Richard C., Delineator
Banks, Herbert L., Delineator
Wheaton, Rodd L., Historian
Miyamoto, Lanny, Photographer
Pickering, E. H., Photographer
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. Historic American Buildings Survey E.H. Pickering, Photographer September 1936 EAST ELEVATION
2. Historic American Buildings Survey E.H. Pickering, Photographer September 1936 WEST ELEVATION
3. Historic American Buildings Survey Lanny Miyamoto, Photographer September 1959 INTERIOR VIEW SHOWING STONE WALL, BEADED WEATHERBOARDING, WINDOW SASH AND LOUVERS
Back to Towson, Maryland