Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

Maryland

>

Port%2BDeposit%2Bvicinity

>

Jacob Tome Institute, Jackson House, Tome Road, Port Deposit, Cecil County, MD



See 31 maps of this location


B&W Photos

HB624769
BWPhotos 379894


Item Title
BWPhotos 379894

Location
Tome Road, Port%2BDeposit%2Bvicinity, MD

Find maps of Port%2BDeposit%2B, MD


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS MD-1110-C
Building/structure dates: 1902 initial construction
Significance: Jackson House, the second dormitory built on the Tome School campus, was erected 1902-03 from Boring and Tilton's and Leavitt's master plan. Although architecturally similar to Boring and Tilton's Georgian work, it was designed by the Philadelphia firm of Newman and Harris. In the Navy period it was used for officers' quarters and later for NAPS students.

Subjects
Building Deterioration
Education
Fires


Related Names
Newman & Harris
Jackson, Andrew
Harris, Abram Weingardner
Boucher, Jack E., Photographer
Massey, James C., Historian


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents


Back to Port%2BDeposit%2Bvicinity, Maryland